Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Global Wars: Columbus Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH/NJPW Internet special event.

- Addiction promo:
This is coming across as increasingly forced.

So you hate ROH so much you want to hold their tag team title?

- Addiction vs. Search: 
I do like the veterans facing the newer wrestlers.

The younger guys are doing well so far.

I like how this is going on both sides.

Nice teamwork from the former Bad Influence.

White and Gresham are growing on me.

Pretty fun stuff here.

This one's getting some good time.

Nice ending!

- Post-match:
The ROH tag title seems like a step back, and doesn't seem like too much of a threat to the company. But since neither man can dethrone Cody, that's kind of what they're stuck with.

- King/Page/Scurll/Cabana: 
I admire Kenny's tenacity.

Bullet Club doing a pretty good job of firing back.

I like the trash talk on King.

I wish we got to see Colt wrestle more.

Pretty good to set up something for later in the night.

- Lethal vs. Hiromu:
Nice start.

It's good to see the NJPW names in the mix.

Lethal's a pretty strong worker.

It's good to be some of the earlier guys doing dives and chop exchanges.

This is going pretty well!

Both men going pretty hard here.

Lethal going from a Savage signature to a Flair signature was good.

I mean, Jesus, save some chops for everyone else!!

I'm really impressed with both men here.

That was pretty cool!

- MCMG vs. Silas/Bruiser:
I like the heels' attitude here.

Uuuggghhh more dives. I'm tired of the Guns.

So-so, I guess? At least it's not flippy team vs. flippy team.

I'm glad the heels are getting momentum going.

This is a fun enough combination of teams.

The Guns can definitely fly with the best of them 

This is heating up pretty well.

Sabin & Shelley pulling out all the stops!

Not a surprising outcome; this is basically a live event.

- Minoru/KES vs. Ospreay/Yano/HASHI: 
Hahaha nice fakeout on the handshake.

Yano messed with the wrong guy.

I like this so far.

Minoru is not someone you want to get on the bad side of.

I love Davey's offense. I hope he's back in WWE someday.

Minoru's really good here.

Ospreay going all out as usual.

This is pretty fun as it heats up.

I'm liking Minoru vs. Ospreay. I can see why NJPW gets such hype.

Y-H is in a bad situation right now.

This is crazy as hell. I love it.

That was an amazing ending. Ospreay has earned my respect as a competitor.

- Sumie vs. Holidead:
Nice action early.

Sumie has some pretty good fire in her.

I think Sakai might get her here.

Sumie really has her scouted.

Nice win.

- Taylor vs. J. Woods: 
Good opening.

Their styles are going together well.

Good story here. I'm glad each man is able to grow as a competitor.

Both men impressing me here.

Really good back suplex spot. 

I'm liking this!

Pretty good ending.

- King/Cabana vs. Page/Scurll: 
Great to see Colt in the ring again.

Colt and Marty make pretty good opponents.

Nice tag work here.

King's pretty solid.

Scurll is absolutely someone to keep an eye on. He's consistently doing good work.

Cabana doing good work for someone who wasn't originally booked for this show.

I'm liking this one. Everyone's doing well.

I'm quite impressed here.

Hahaha I liked the oven mitt spot. It's such a shame Colt didn't make it in WWE.

Pretty good win!

- Cody vs. KUSHIDA: 
KUSHIDA not kissing any rings!

And not using any chairs either, it seems.

Cody clearly enjoys being a heel.

Cody really working to the crowd here.

KUSHIDA is really crisp!

Oh, wow. This is going to be more of a spectacle than a match it looks like.

Cody's got a strategy going.

Cody basically trying to wear his opponent down. 

NICE counter to the Hoverboard Lock.

I'm liking this for the most part.

INSANE dropkick spot.

This one's getting to a higher level after something of a soft start.

Damn, KUSHIDA's putting up a fight!

They're really turning things up now.

I'm LOVING all the counter-wrestling going on.

That was a really good ending sequence. Nice work.

- Elite vs. Friends/Flip:
Looks like we're in for some more silliness.

Ugggghhhh superkick spots.

OK, now things are heating up.

I'm liking Chuckie so far.

Mostly fun work here.

Flip's in trouble here!

Dang. Everyone's just going to pile on Flip, huh?

Oh God Flip finally turned things around.

Omega's pretty good!

Now they're pulling out all the crazy stuff.

A piledriver on the apron is dangerous as hell.

Crazy action all around.

Everyone's going all out! I can appreciate that.

Welp, with the Best Friends out, I think this one's just about over.

OH MY GOD nice moonsault off the stage.

That Indie Taker was INSANE. 

Good God. They damn near killed Flip with that ending. One hell of a spectacle. 

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment