Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 5, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 10/4/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Billie/Peyton vs. Ruby:
Wow. Ruby could probably do well to make herself some friends backstage.

Billie's not giving her any sympy for her predicament, either.

Ruby's pretty game. I'm glad they haven't tried to make her the typical babyface.

I'm pretty impressed with Ruby here!

Haha Peyton rubbing in the whole "no partner" thing.

Good work so far.

- Billie/Peyton vs. Ruby/Cross:
Nikki could use an alarm clock app or something.

I'm glad Ruby was able to get some help. She put up a good fight, but I don't think she would have outlasted her opponents.

I like Nikki. She's just full-on crazy.

This is going pretty well.

Nice double dropkick.

And a good ending!

- Lars interview:
That wasn't bad. They've potentially get someone here if he keeps growing. He's definitely been put in positions to succeed.

- Zelina interview:
I like how determined she is.

Not bad. Almas is spinning his tires, but he'd be in even worse shape without her.

- Six-man tag announcement:
Oh I'm REALLY looking forward to that.

- Aleister/Lio/Velveteen:
I mean, hey. Lio did get on NXT TV!

Hey, I'm glad Dream isn't being overlooked.

That was interesting, at least.

- Sane vs. Aaliyah:
Nice start.

Aaliyah working hard.

I like Kairi alright. Maybe if she hadn't been promoted so hard out of the gate, I'd appreciate her more.


OK match.

- McIntyre vs. Strong:
I like Drew pressing his power here. He's setting the tone well.

I'm enjoying this already.

Drew is REALLY fired up. He works hard.

I like the brawl here.

Both men doing good work here.

I love Drew's suplexes and throws.

I liked the reverse Alabama Slam. Scotland Slam??

I'm enjoying this so far.

Both men going at it hard.

That was one hell of an Air Raid Crash.

I admire Strong's tenacity. Good work.

Drew's strength is incredible. I like it.

That was a good ending. I liked that.

- Post-match:
I do wonder where Roderick goes from here.


Uh-ohhhhh. We could see a big reunion in the works.

Nice ending to the show.



-- ROH:
- War Machine vs. C2C vs. T. Boyz:
Haha I don't blame them for trying to take Hanson and Rowe out of the equation.

Fun so far.

This is starting to pick up pretty well.

Hanson and Rowe can dominate when they get a chance to. I still prefer the Authors, though.

This is pretty impressive with how everyone works together.

And here's your big dive sequence of the week.

I like the doubleteam offense here.

Uggghhh.... everyone else is flipping. Stick to power moves!

Really good ending sequence letting War Machine run wild.

- Post-match:
This has got to be awkward with War Machine being clear they'd jump at a non-ROH opportunity, but staying in ROH waiting for an offer that may or may not come. That's pretty cold.

I hope the new version of War Machine wrecks shit more and flips around less. Drew Gulak needs to teach them what's what.

- Flip vs. Hollis:
Good strategy by Corey.

I mean, at least Flip Gordon advertises what he's all about ahead of time. You know what you're getting with him.

Hollis can be a pretty good bruiser.

Impressive work here.

This is fun! Instead of both men flipping aimlessly, it's about contrasting styles.

Heard you like FLIPS. Fine for what it was.

- Kazarian promo:
Wow. They're not wasting time getting to this title match, huh?

Meh. I'd care more if it came across like Kazarian was actually pissed at ROH.

- WOH video:
I'm glad this got some press.

I like Klein.

- Cody vs. Kazarian:
I like this in the early going.

Kazarian's pretty smart.

I like the feel here. It's more personal than Cody vs. Suzuki was.

I like how this is going.

I'm starting to think they actually are going to try to do Cody vs. Daniel Bryan for the title in 2018. That means we're in for a LOT more of Cody calling him out while he's in another company.

And here comes all the interference!

Plenty of shenanigans here. I can see why the ROH faithful are against this title reign.

Haha. This is just madness at this point.

Not bad, but it definitely didn't feel like a big world title match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment