Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Global Wars: Pittsburgh Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH/NJPW Internet special event
- Takahashi vs. M. Briscoe:
Oh that looked like it hurt like hell.

Scary bump. It's a shame they had to end this before it got started.

- Addiction/Friends/Dawgs:
Wow. Daniels and Kazarian not wrestling combined with Mark's injury doesn't set a good tone here.


HAHAHAH dead on perception of the crowd. I love it.

I don't blame Kazarian and Daniels for not wanting to do FLIPS for the crowd.

Not the most interesting pair of wrestlers, but whatever.

- Dawgs vs. Friends:
Impressive work from the Besties.


This is mostly fun.

So, wait, are they a real team or not?

Looks like we're in for a goofy night.

The Dawgs are growing on me as this continues.

This is kind of a mess.

OK to fill time on what was originally a live event.

- Post-match:
Mehhhhhhhhh.


- White vs. Lethal:
Nice start.

They're doing a good job in the early going.

This is heating up pretty well.

Both men working pretty hard here.

White's impressing me.

Wow. Both men going all out.

This is a battle of wills. Both men going hard.

I'm liking the effort here!!

They're working together pretty well here.

Awesome Ace Crusher spot.

Pretty good work!

- MCMG vs. Bucks vs. TK/Vinny:
Let's get all the Too Sweet references out of the way.

Great work from the Bucks.

I'm liking the teamwork.

Lots of action here.

I'm liking everyone going all out to make up for a lackluster start to the show.

These names definitely giving people their money's worth of flips, dives, and superkicks.

The Bucks and Guns in particular going ALL OUT to show which team is better at what they do.

That was pretty fun!

- Post-match:
Not super surprised to see Chris and Frankie again.

Wow. The Addiction getting bounced around tonight.

Oooohhhh.... interesting from the Best Friends.

- Bully promo:
Same shit we saw in Buffalo.


I do like them building Bully up as a face like this.

I'm really intrigued to see if this is just an angle to set up a match with Jay Briscoe at Final Battle. If so, he's playing it brilliantly.

Pretty good.

- Deonna/Leon/Jenny vs. Sumie/Baker/Faye:
I'm liking this one early on.


Good action here.

Good to see these names in action.

I'm liking Baker here.

Deonna's talented.

I'm liking Deonna vs. Baker.

Pretty good work here.

That was nice!

- King vs. Martinez vs. KUSHIDA/Taven vs. J. Woods vs. Page:
I like how Kenny and KUSHIDA work off each other.


Haha good spot with Punishment.

Taven with a clever intervention there.

Wow. Pretty crazy action going on here.

Everyone going all out, as expected.

And here's your DIVES.

Punishment's got serious potential.

Kenny's really making his mark here.

This is wild.

Lots of flashy dives and stuff, which I'm sure fans wanted.

That lariat was SICK.

NICE German spot on the outside.

Dear God. Everyone doing all kinds of dives here.

Ooh... that ending sequence was going well until the Royal Flush spot. It happens.

- Hanson/Rowe vs. K.E. Squad:
Oh I like this already.

WHOA. Hanson's impressive here.

And more dives. Shame. This started off so well!

Mostly good action here.

Oh I DEFINITELY like the chair getting involved.

Fun work so far.

I didn't like the dueling cartwheels spot.

It's a shame Davey Boy, Jr. isn't in a bigger role. He's good.

And now we're at the part where no one sells.

Lots of pretty big moves here.

I'm definitely impressed with what everyone's bringing in this one.

That was pretty cool. I hope for more from KES going forward.

- Silas vs. Minoru:
This should be special.


I like Silas and the Brusier.

Minoru's fun. I like this.

Hahaha nice cigar spot.

DAMN Minoru might take both of them out.

Suzuki looking strong.

I'm liking the big battle here.

This is a pretty intense one.

And now things are going to turn into a ton of interference.

Pretty fun for that style of match. Minoru's impressive.

- Scurll promo:
Kind of random to make this a title match, but whatever.


- Ospreay/Yano/HASHI vs. Cody/Omega/Scurll:
Uggghhhh another Too Sweet reference. It was funny in Buffalo, but it's going to be tired by the end of the tour.

This is quite the combination of workers.

Lots of tagging here.

I'm liking YOSHI-HASHI so far.

Pretty fun work in the fairly early going.

A lot of energy here.

I'm liking what everyone's got so far.

Ospreay is definitely really flashy. Wow.

Damn. Lots of action here.

All kinds of things going on here.

I like Yano. He adds something different here.

OK, funny spot with everyone putting their boots up.

It's like they can't determine if the match is supposed to be a lot of athleticism or a farce.

Oh God more DIVES. It's going to be a long weekend.

Ha. I'm glad Toru did something different.

Good ending sequence to wrap this one up.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment