Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 12, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 10/11/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Peyton vs. Cross vs. Liv:
Fun start.

I REALLY hope Liv doesn't pull this one out.

I like Cross' tenacity.

I'm liking how everyone works together so far.

Nikki's my pick to be the next champion. She's been awesome.

Oh... huh.... it looks like the stable's not just for ROH names.

I hope Conti knows what she's getting into!!

Cross is going to destroy Taynara for this.

Not bad at all! We'll see how that title match goes without Nikki.

- Rush vs. V. Dream:
I like Velveteen trying to make a name for himself at the expense of the more lauded signings.

Dream's doing alright so far!

I'm shocked Lio did the job there. Good showing by Dream, though.

- Post-match:
NICE. I'm liking this.

- Lars vs. Burch:
I like Danny's moxie.

Nice tenacity here.

Sullivan destroying him.

I did like Danny trying to turn things around from the powerslam attempt.

Good win for Lars.

- Profits vs. Espada/D. Smith:
This is goofy, but I like it.

Not a bad enhancement win from these two. I enjoy their antics.

- Post-match:
I really hope this translates to the main roster.

- Next week's matches:
That women's match should be pretty good. I wouldn't mind Ember or Ruby winning the whole thing.

That main event will be AMAZING.

- Gargano vs. Almas:
This is going to keep on going, I see.

Good work to start.

Nice counter-wrestling going on here.

Nice slap spot.

These two work together pretty well!

Both men definitely have skills.

I liked the tornado flatline.

The slingshot spear is so goofy.

This is great! Both men are delivering.

This is the smoothest I've seen Almas be.

Haha nice use of the ref.

I'm really impressed here.

I like Vega's involvement here.

Really impressive counter-wrestling. These two are pulling out all the stops!!

That was good! Great showing from both men.

-- ROH: 
- Silas/Bruiser/Minoru/Bucks/Page:
Silas got LIT UP at DBD.

That was definitely a big night for Silas.

Oooh, interesting.

Silas laying into the Bucks' promotional tactics is nice. Of course his character wants all the action to take place in wrestling arenas.

OK, Hung Bucks is actually pretty funny.

That should be a good main event.

- King vs. J. Woods:
I'm liking the elevation of Kenny King.

Both men are pretty solid in the opening minutes.

I like what Woods can pull off. He's not JUST "MMA guy," but incorporates that into something bigger.

That was a pretty clever ending.

- Post-match:
I usually find something this blatantly babyfacing off-putting, but I'm OK with this segment.

Wow. That'd be a lot of title defenses.

Oh, wow. It looks like everyone's ready for a title shot.

Good effort to establish an ROH midcard.

- Silas/Bruiser/Minoru vs. Hung Bucks:
Hmmm... I wonder how long this new trio will last.

The Bucks are very impressive.

Interesting work here.

Pretty good kimura spot.

I'm liking Minoru.

This is pretty fun.

Lots of action here!!

I'm impressed with Minoru. I hope we see him more going forward.

All kinds of stuff going on in this one.

Holy shit! Impressive shooting star Indy Taker spot.

Pretty good!

- Post-match:
Uh-oh. Looks like it's trouble for the new trio.

Minoru's going to kill you!!!

Of course the NJPW guy is a threat to both men at once.

- J. Briscoe/Dreamer:
HOLY SHIT!!!!! I didn't expect Dreamer to pop up here.

I like the camaraderie between Dreamer and Bully.

Great work from Tommy. Others in ROH need to take notes here; Dreamer treats wrestling like a really serious place where people get hurt.

Well that was kind of weird. I was expecting them to at least set up Jay vs. Dreamer. Maybe at the next taping?

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment