Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 10/17/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown and 205 Live.
-- Smackdown:
- Bryan/Sami/Owens:
If ROH and NJPW can hold a show in Seattle in late 2018 (Final Battle?), they could draw a pretty good crowd with Bryan attached.

Hahaha I liked his response to all the chanting.

Lots of things set for this show.

I'm glad Sami's taking the goat by the horns.

Interesting direction with Sami being so happy-go-lucky as a heel.

OOOOHHHH those constant shots at Bryan not wrestling anymore.

I don't think Sami got the kind of reception Bryan did, but I see the comparison.

Damn. They're sticking it to Daniel.

There is something to be said about Bryan not wanting to be the corporate shill years back, but then becoming a reality show star who does appearances.

I like the logic from the heels here.

That was pretty fun.

I'd mark for the Bludgeon Brothers fighting Zayn and Owens, but I don't see it happening.

- Charlotte/Becky/Naomi vs. Natalya/Tamina/Lana:
I like what Naomi brings to the table.

Nice work so far.

Becky and Naomi work together pretty well.

Good thing Tamina saved Lana there.

Lana's doing alright.

Good teamwork from the heels in bending the rules.

Nice ending sequence. I'm SO glad to see the Figure Eight back as Charlotte's finisher.

- Post-match:
That was pretty good to set up their next clash.

- Bryan/Owens/Zayn backstage:
That's one heck of a main event!

A shame we'll never see Bryan vs. Nakamura.

- Pulp Fashion:
Goofy. I love it.

OH SHIT ASCENSION CRACKED THE CASE!!!!

Pretty fun work. I'd rather see this kind of thing than too many serious segments in a week.

- Corbin promo:
I ain't even mad. Why defend the title if you don't have to?

- Corbin vs. Cara:
SC's making the most of this.

Dang. Corbin's not having as easy of a time as he expected to have.

HA. Baron might get Enzo'd if this keeps up.

- Usos/Gable/Benjamin:
That was a good statement from the challengers.

Not bad to set up their upcoming title match.

- Bludgeon Bros:
That was pretty cool.

- Jinder/Singhs/AJ:
Jinder definitely looked like a top star with the Indian promotion.

Hahaha I'm sure that kid really put Jinder over like tha.

WOW. Jinder has his sights set pretty high!

I did wonder what the other Smackdown names would think of there not being a WWE Title match at Survivor Series.

Ooooohhhh. That implication AJ isn't worthy of the title match.

Jinder passing the blame on India. I like it.

I like AJ taking action instead of just talking.

- Jinder/Bryan:
I assume AJ will squash both Singhs in the next two weeks. Fine by me!

- Roode vs. Ziggler:
I'm glad there's no long Dolph promo tonight.

Fine start.

These two work together pretty well.

I like the counter-wrestling here.

Not bad to set up another round.

- Brock on Raw:
Wow, he usually doesn't get back to someone that quickly.

- Aiden/New Day/Rusev:
Haha. Mostly fun work here.

Rusev Day again!? Wow.

Fun.

- Shinsuke/Orton vs. Owens/Zayn:
Nice callback to Nakamura's NXT debut.

I'm already liking Sami vs. Shinsuke.

Nice work so far.

Sami saving Owens was good.

The Canadians make a pretty solid team.

Orton is ridiculously underrated. I'm liking him here.

That was a good ending sequence. I'm glad Zayn can actually get a win in a big match.

- Post-match:
Funny visual of Bryan on a pole.

I can only imagine what Shane will think of Sami turning on him.

Uh-oh. I don't think Jericho will like not being Owens' best friend anymore.

So-so ending to the show.

-- 205 Live: 
- Enzo/Kalisto:
Well, I hope hospitals get WWE Network!

Enzo is easily the most compelling person on this show.

Kalisto is pretty good.

Pretty fun.

- Cedric/Swann promo:
That was pretty good to set the stage.

- Swann vs. Gallagher:
This is nice in the early going.

I like the action from the ringside guests.

These two work together pretty well.

Gallagher is really sound. He's a blast to watch.

This is fun.

Haha Brian helping his new friend out here!

Nice work!

- Post-match:
This is pretty good, too.

- Gulak backstage:
I love that guy already having a button.

- Gulak promo:
This is gold. I love it.

Drew and Enzo are the heels this brand NEEDS.

I'm liking this so much.

Those musical references were brilliant.

Fun stuff.

- Kalisto promo:
"Wrestler who wants to beat wrestler" is so boring.

- Kalisto/Mustafa vs. Enzo/Ariya:
Enzo is incredibly entertaining.

Good work so far.

Nice teamwork from the faces.

I love Enzo's role here.

I would say Enzo is stealing the show, but I think Gulak still has that one.

Pretty good work here.

Mustafa has great agility.

This is impressive!

Pretty good ending sequence.

- Post-match:
Kalisto's doing a good job as champion so far.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment