Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 7, 2017

WWE Hell in a Cell preview

Read on for my thoughts on booking tonight's Smackdown-brand WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:
- H. Bros vs. Gable/Benjamin:
Chad and Shelton take this one to continue the frustration of the Hype Bros. We see a new, more aggressive version of the Bros after this. I think I'd even have them drop that team name so they can be "serious" and try to accomplish more. I don't think there's much left of them as a face team, so they might as well switch it up.

-- HIAC: 
- Natalya vs. Charlotte:
Natalya wins. I don't know if it's quite time to do Natalya vs. Tamina, but that direction certainly makes sense. They'd have to be careful with the inevitable Jimmy Snuka mentions to counter the 5,000 Bret Hart namedrops, but that's a story to be told. 

- Big E/Kofi vs. Usos:
New Day wins to end the feud and move on to clown on The Ascension for a while so Ryder and Mojo can get some momentum going as heels. It's been great; I'm just ready for something new and HIAC should be a feud-ender.

- Orton vs. Rusev:
I'm going with Erick Rowan popping up to cost Orton this one to give Randy something to do for a while.

- AJ vs. Corbin:
AJ wins, and we get *gulp* AJ vs. Ziggler next. I'd rather do AJ vs. Mike Kanellis, but Ziggler is more credible as a contender.

- Roode vs. Ziggler:
Roode wins because OH MY GOD THIS HAS BEEN PAINFUL. I'm thinking Roode should challenge for the title at Royal Rumble or so, so there's some time to kill before then. Roode vs. Rusev should be fun.

- Jinder vs. Nakamura:
Jinder wins because that Indian tour's coming up. His next opponent is the returning Luke Harper.

- Owens vs. Shane:
I'd headline with this. It's been presented as the centerpiece of the show, and is much more interesting than Jinder/Nakamura. Owens wins an insane battle and moves on to face Nakamura.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment