Total Pageviews

Monday, October 9, 2017

Hell in a Cell Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown-brand WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:
- Panel:
I'm surprised Jinder vs. Nakamura isn't in the Cell. They probably want to get the Jinder win over with and focus on Shane vs. Owens. I don't blame them!

- Bryan/Tye:
Hahaha. This is pretty fun.

I liked that. I don't know if Tye should win, but it could be good.

- Aiden interview:
I'm glad English is getting some screen time despite the Vaudevillains split.


I like this new wrinkle in Aiden's character.

I hope this bromance continues with Aiden going to Bulgaria, etc. It could be fun.

Hahaha Aiden's growing on me.

- Charlotte interview:
She definitely has a lot of accolades.

The Flair/Hart thing has been run into the ground.

- Corbin interview:
Imagine if an NBA game or boxing match or something was suddenly made a triple threat! Corbin has every reason to be upset!

Crooked Daniel Bryan!

- Bros vs. Benjamin/Gable:
I like the teamwork from the former amateurs.

Gable's solid.

Pretty good work here.

I'm surprised Shelton and Chad are playing heel here.

Gable is incredibly smooth. This is really impressive.

I'm liking this so far.

That was pretty fun!! Good work.

-- HIAC: 
- Usos vs. Big E/Kofi:
Oh I love this start.

DAMN. That elevated fistdrop was pretty sick.

This is already pretty intense.

They're making plenty of use of the cell here!

Ha. You don't often see musical instruments used like this.

Wow. Who left this kind of stuff under the ring??

Weapons everywhere! I like it!

I like when Big E gets on a roll. He's fun.

These two teams are really intense. I'm impressed.

How many kendo sticks are under there!?? Sheesh!

I liked using the sticks to trap Jey. Dirty, but clever.

Jimmy's none too pleased at having been stuck like that.

They're doing some really clever stuff here!

Oh, man. They're really working Xavier over. This is intense.

Beating up Xavier like that is downright evil.

This is really wild. I'm blown away.

I would have been good with the Big Ending ending it, but I'm not complaining there's more.

There's some really good drama here. I'm really, really impressed.

They're damn near killing Xavier with these kendo stick shots. My God.

Really, really good. No complaints with that one at all.

- AJ interview:
AJ can be pretty white bread as a babyface. So-so work.

- Orton vs. Rusev:
I would have lost my shit if Orton beat him in nine seconds again. Good tease, though.

Rusev getting bodied again already.

Well, Rusev's putting in some damage.

This is going well so far.

Fine work so far.

This isn't great, but I'm liking it so far.

That was a pretty clever ending sequence. I wonder what's next for both men, since I doubt Orton's going right back to the title picture.

- KFC ad:
This is ridiculous. I love it.

I never knew I wanted to play as Col. Sanders until now. That could be fun.

- AJ vs. Tye vs. Corbin:
Clever start.

I'm liking AJ vs. Tye. Very smooth.

Hey, Dillinger might just get the upset here.

I like what Corbin brings here.

AJ's athleticism is always great.

There's an interesting dynamic with these three.

NICE Forearm counter. That was SICK.

Baron might just have this one!

Nice work here.

This is all pretty good.

Good work from Baron saving Tye.

AJ's still able to carry people really well.

Corbin building momentum.

OH MY GOD Tye almost winning after being hit with the Pele was clever. I would have popped.

Man. Styles really putting work in here.

Ha. Good stolen win. I guess we're in for Jinder vs. AJ soon since they just freed AJ up for that place on the card.

- Natalya vs. Charlotte:
Natalya has a strategy here, and she's making the most of it.

I'm liking the story here so far.

I almost always enjoy a story of a talent being unable to do their best due to work on a particular body part, so this is good.

Natalya's definitely still performing at a big level.

This is going pretty well.

Oooohhhh.... that moonsault to the outside didn't connect as well as it should have.

I get a weird feeling they're setting up a recreation of the Screwjob next month with Natalya having Charlotte in a Sharpshooter. WWE LOVES referencing Bret for some reason. A lot of fans weren't watching then. Heck, a lot of them weren't alive!

- Fashion Files:
This show could use a bit of silliness.

Oh my God those disguises.

Pretty funny in a stupid way. I like it.

- Jinder vs. Shinsuke:
This could be a long slog.

I hope we can see more of what Mahal's made of.

Ouch. Nakamura's doing a number on him.

Not a bad idea to wear Shinsuke down.

Glad the Singhs were taken out. I like them, but this is getting tiring.

OUCH. Jinder can be pretty crafty.

SAVE US FROM THE SINGHS!!!

Nice false finish with Jinder grabbing the ropes.

Man, they're doing everything they can to paint Mahal as not being a credible champion. It works in a way.

Not bad overall! I'm very glad they made this night about Owens vs. Shane, though.

- Owens interview:
I like Kevin dipping into this side of himself.

Haha Kevin ALWAYS playing the victim.

- Ziggler vs. Roode:
Actually yeah, just keep Ziggler without an entrance. Or a mic for that matter.

Ziggler's definitely really talented.

Dolph trying to get a meaningful win here. Good luck with that!

Both men really working hard.

Roode's a heck of a worker. I'm always impressed.

Ziggler REALLY trying to have a show-stealing performance from an athletic perspective, but we've seen the same song and dance for WAY too long now.

I'm liking the skill on display here.

Hahaha, pretty good ending. I wouldn't mind another round IF we don't have to sit through any more insufferable promos from Dolph.

- Post-match:
Yep. Rematch incoming. Maybe Dolph will fade away and classify himself as obsolete after Survivor Series.

- Owens vs. Shane:
No headlocks or armdrags here!

Shane's messing with a dangerous man.

That said, if anyone's game, it's this crazy SOB.

Umm, how are you going to win the match if you're in the cage and Shane isn't??

Kevin taking Shane to school right now.

Why do I have a feeling Shane's sons will be doing this kind of thing 20 years from now??

Shane's learning the hard way that sometimes bravery isn't always wise.

Kevin doesn't even need to a swanton or anything. He could destroy Shane without going to the top.

Shane's willing to put himself through a lot and train hard.

NICE powerbomb counter. That was cool.

Kevin's going to have to kill him to win this one.

The more Shane kicks out, the more punishment he's going to receive.

Nice cannonball spot.

This has been crazy.

Yeah, there was a miscue with Kevin's foot on the rope.

Ummm.... why aren't they opening it? It's Falls Count Anywhere!!

This is wild. I'm loving it.

I mean, Good God, this is pretty brutal.

Oh no... someone's going to take a crazy bump.

I don't blame Kevin for not wanting to dive!!!

I'm worried about this one. That's a scary fall.

They're determined to break through that roof!!!

This is really scary. Damn. They're a lot braver than I am!

That was a hell of a table bump. OUCH.

Shane is one crazy SOB for doing this many stunts. He's a 47-year-old father, not a wrestler.

OH MY GODDDDD. WHY SAMI WHY?????

Both men are destroyed after this one. Good Gawd Almighty, etc.

That was definitely something!!

- Post-match:
They had quite the battle.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment