Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Raw Reax - 10/16/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Angle/Shield/Braun/Miz/Bar/Axel:
Wow. Cool to see the trio back in unison.

I like the paths these three took to get back here.

TLC's main event is going to be a demolition derby.

Angle's got his hands full trying to keep all these combustible elements together.

- Elias/Club:
Ehhhh.... kind of an odd teaming.

I'm still not really feeling the Club as characters. They came in as "those two guys who did big things in Japan" and things have kind of gone downhill from there with some of the comedy. They're just not really clicking as an important force.

- Elias/Club vs. Jordan/Titus/Apollo:
Nice enough start.

This is mostly going well.

I like how these names work together.

That was a pretty good ending sequence. It's always good to see Apollo and Jordan show what they can do.

- Emma/Alexa:
Emma's boast about starting the women's revolution is getting tiring.

HAHAHAHA Alexa's like about not running down other women got me good.

Pretty fun.

- Cedric vs. Gallagher:
Not a bad idea to setup the tag match for Kickoff.

Nice work early.

Gallagher works well as a heel. He can be pretty vicious.

I like the story here. Each man has a clearly defined plan to win.

That was good!

- MizTV:
I love Miz's arrogance, treating his crew's superiority as a foregone conclusion.

These promos have been pretty good.

I'm excited for the TLC main event. It has been built REALLY well.

I'm glad Miz is a big player again.

Braun vs. Roman should be great.

Hahahaha Miz burying the fans for playing along with "Really?" I'm dead.

Damn. Miz might as well see how many teammates he can get!!

Nice nod to Kurt's history of integrity.

I wish Angle vs. Miz could be a thing.

Ooohhhh.... interesting stipulation for later.

Good work there.

- Alicia promo:
Alicia's a trooper for soldiering on in the same place on the card all these years.

- Alicia vs. Sasha:
I liked the tease of a quick tapout win.

Alicia's pretty much always been solid.

Pretty good work while it lasted!

- Sasha/Alicia:
Looks like we're in for another women's match at TLC!

This reminds me of the Hardcore Championship days.

- Cruisers:
I'm so disappointed they ended the Enzo experiment after two weeks. Kalisto's a talented guy, but Enzo's got charisma the rest of the brand lacks.

I really hope things change at TLC.

Hahahaha that remark about stacks of money. Enzo's the best.

Wow, now Enzo has friends??

Interesting segment here.

OK enough, I guess.

- Bar vs. Dean/Seth:
I'm liking the start here.

Rollins and Ambrose make a pretty fun team.

The Bar have gelled really well. I'm glad they're together.

I loved the assisted European uppercut. That was cool.

Ambrose can be a big burst of frantic energy.

Wow. This is impressive.

Pretty cool match overall.

- Axel/Bar/Braun:
Haha. See, Curtis gets a starring role after teaming with Miz!

Oh, Curtis chasing Roman will go well. He might be joining Bo wherever he ended up.

- Balor promo:
This feud will definitely end up on some kind of mocking list years from now. I appreciate the crazy, but I don't see it being something a lot of fans want to see from these two.

I can only imagine what the match will be like.

- Alexa/Emma vs. Mickie/Bayley:
Good action so far.

I'm liking the action here.

Haha nice use of the ref to take advantage of Bayley.

This is going well!

Something of a disappointing ending. I miss the Mickie-DDT as a finisher.

- Curtis/Shield:
Axel's got guts.

- Miz/Bar/Braun:
I love Miz being in command here.

Curtis is leaving Raw on a stretcher.

- Mickie interview:
Pretty good babyface segment here.

Someone REALLY likes the Biscuit Butt insult.

- Axel backstage:
Ooooohhhhh.... that didn't end well.

- Miz interview:
Ooooohhhh.... very interesting. I assume it's not Bo, either. This would be the perfect time to put Samoa Joe back in the mix if he's well enough to be part of a five-on-three match.

- Braun vs. Roman:
Oh this should be wild.

I don't blame Roman for just wanting to get the hell out of there.

Nice work so far.

I'm liking the story here.

I LOVE Braun. I'm so glad WWE has a regular mastadon around.

Ha. So much for a cage match being one-on-one, I guess!

Oh I'm loving all the chaos here.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY WHAT A SUPERPLEX!!!

Haha this is all out insanity. TLC should be a LOT of fun.

I love the occasional crazy backstage brawl.

Hahahaha Miz has the right idea.

Nice work so far.

I'm loving this giant battle.

HOLY SHIT WHAT!!!????

I would have put money on not seeing Kane in the ring again. Wow. I guess he's not ready to be The Big Red Mayor quite yet!

Glad to see such a dominant force of destruction back in action.

My God. Strowman and Kane on the same side is scary.

That was cool. Great end to the show.

- Post-match:
Damn. Now THOSE are some intense odds for The Shield. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment