Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Raw Reax - 10/2/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Rollins vs. Strowman:
Wow. This is a really big way to start the show. It makes me wonder if we're in for a less-than-clean ending.

Rollins is smart to try to outmaneuver Braun.

I love Strowman being an absolute monster.

This is good. Both men do their respective roles really well.

Not a lot to say here other than I'm enjoying it. It's put together pretty well.

One of the few times I'm OK with multiple suicide dives is when trying to beat someone like Braun.

Braun absorbing a lot of punishment, and Seth keeps giving it out!

WOW. Looks like they're rebuilding Strowman after the Brock loss.

That was good!

- Post-match:
I'm glad Dean's not just going to let Seth get Strowmaned. He wants to keep the tag title, after all. On that note, I'd pop for a handicap match for the title at TLC.

Braun is unintimidated.

Braun has basically absorbed the powers of Kane, Henry, and Big Show. I'm OK with that.

The Bar has great timing!!

Damn. That was cold.

- Mickie/Alicia/Emma/Nia/Alexa:
I would have popped for Trish returning the favor and being Mickie's admirer, but obviously that would make zero sense in the current story.

Alexa gets her own locker room? Awesome!

Oh, I guess they're back being friends.

Mickie vs. Nia should be good.

- Bray promo:
Pretty weird. I do wonder what's left for his character to do. I'd like to see him recruit some underlings. 

- Elias promo:
For someone who drifts from city to city, it doesn't seem like Elias likes any town he goes to.


- Elias vs. Titus:
This is OK.


Ha. Elias trying to outsmart both men.


That was fine to continue building Elias.


- Post-match:
Looks like everyone's going to spin their tires a little while longer.



- Nia vs. Mickie:
It's hard enough to beat Nia when she doesn't have Alexa in her corner.



Jax pressing her size and power advantage.


Mickie's fired up, though.


Fine work so far.


That was a good ending to protect both competitors. I know everyone wants more clean finishes, but it's not that easy in practice.


- Post-match:
Well that backfired!!



- Enzo interview:
That's the first time Enzo's ever been silent!! It's got to be tough having that many hatas, though.



- Mickie/Angle:
Mickie can absolutely still contribute to things.


 
- M. Hardy/Jordan vs. Club:
I'm liking this so far. It's kind of funny to see two former tag team champions with other partners working together.

The Club are solid competitors.

Nice teamwork from the makeshift team.

The Club are effective in their roles here.

Jordan had some momentum going there temporarily.

I'm liking how everyone works together here.

That was a good ending. I can see how the regular team would beat the people with just a few matches under their belts together.

- Reigns interview:
Looks like we're in for the whole band back together for TLC. That's fitting.


- Warriors:
I can't fault WWE for doing this. It's a big cause for them.

- Miz entrance:
I love it.


- Reigns/Axel/Bo:
Roman not wasting any time with Miz's supporting cast.

This is intense! I like it.

Roman just destroying both of them!

- Miz vs. Reigns:
Ha. Miz getting in that last belt shot before the match can start.


Fun stuff here.

I don't blame Miz for wanting distance from Roman after that pre-match attack.

Miz is going to need to be rough to stand a chance here.

For someone who's not wrestling, Bryan's getting a lot of shoutouts in the ring lately. If it's not Miz, it's Cody.

NICE counter to the Superman punch into the SCF.

This is good.

The Bar aren't done with The Shield tonight!

- Post-match:
Please tell me Super-Roman won't beat three guys.


Nice beatdown.

Really good ending. I'm excited for them to all beat the hell out of each other at TLC.

- Finn/Bray:
Ooh. Finn not really impressed by Bray's musical interlude from last week.


So-so promo from him.

Bray's not all there.

I can only imagine what the plan is for Abigail after Orton burned the shed down.

That was odd. I wonder if Goldust is involved with this somehow? I'd pop for DemonDust.

- Emma promo:
There'd be an obvious feud between Paige and Emma after all of Emma's bragging about the women's revolution.


- Sasha/Bayley vs. Emma/Alicia:
Ha. Bayley trying to outdo Sasha. I like it.

Fine teamwork so far.

Imagine Alicia actually beating Sasha. She's the female Curt Hawkins these days.

Emma and Alicia are fine workers.

Wow, Emma. Show some loyalty. Sheesh.

Fun enough.

- Enzo/Cruisers/Angle/Kalisto:
Based Enzo just scorching everyone. I love it.

Enzo murdering 205 Live. I'm glad they're blunt about the lack of excitement in things pre-Enzo.

Enzo rocketing to the top as a heel.

Wow. Is Angle ready to have the division just be Enzo and random jobbers in each town?

This is some really big heat. Finally something the entire division can care about.

Might as well move Kalisto to the Enzo & Friends Show so he can flip around in meaningless matches like the rest of the cruisers.

That was mostly good. Enzo is eating people alive on the mic and on Twitter. I hope he and the company don't screw this up; it's the most I've cared about a wrestler in this division in a long time.

- Shield backstage: 
Oh I'm liking this tease.


I'm glad they built this up for some time and everyone's not best friends after all their battles. I'm very impressed here.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment