Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 19, 2017

NXT and ROH Reax - 10/18/17

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and ROH.

-- NXT:
- Sonya vs. Ember vs. Ruby:
I loved that start.

Ember's really good, and I'm already pretty impressed with Ruby.

Ember's got a lot of energy and fire. I like it.

Sonya's having a good showing with the two more experienced workers.

I'm liking this match!

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH that crossbody looked nasty.

Smart move from Sonya to use her submission skills on Ruby there.

Sonya might pull off the upset here!

That was pretty good.

- Era/Strong:
There's a pretty interesting dynamic here.

- Regal/Billie/Peyton:
You can't have Peyton in the match without Billie, right??

I'm curious who will be in that battle royal.

- Black vs. Mendoza:
Hahaha Velveteen is doing well as a heel.

Raul can fly really well.

Black can put down a serious beatdown.

Good for the time it had.

- Post-match:
This has been built well.

- McIntyre/Vega:
I hope he has bigger plans than just the NXT Title. He can be even higher than that.

Drew has had a great turnaround.

Good promo from Drew.

Zelina has been great for advocating Andrade.

Um, yeah. Drew has been pretty busy.

Wow. Zelina is definitely in charge of her relationship. She might be more intimidating than Almas.

That was cool.


- Ohno vs. Bononi:
I like that Cezar's getting offense in here.

Good work so far.

I like Ohno for the most part.

Good match to show off what Kassius can do.

- Future matches:
NXT is really good at promoting matches on upcoming episodes.

- Undisputed vs. EY/Dain/Wolfe:
Oh I'm already liking this.

I love SAnitY's teamwork.

This is a really fun combination.

I'm so glad to see reDRagon again. Can't wait to see Dijak again, too.

The former ROH names are SO smooth.

I liked Nikki teasing interference. She's great.

The Undisputed Era going on a tear!

This is quite the collection of workers and styles.

Dain is STRONG. Holy shit that was cool.

This is awesome!!

Uh-oh, Cole. You messed with the wrong people.

Akam and Rezar showing up to do maximum damage.

- Post-match:
Oh I've missed this kind of destruction.

Great ending to the show.

-- ROH:
- KUSHIDA vs. S. Sky:
This is a pretty good start.

I love KUSHIDA's focus on the arm.

Wow. Kazarian and Daniels really have an axe to grind!

- Post-match:
So, Lethal and KUSHIDA vs. Addiction??

That works for me.

- Bully Ray/M. Briscoe:
This is one hell of a sell.

This started well, but having Mark say Bully's issues are with Jay pretty much confirmed this to be angle to set something up for Final Battle. I'd think if he was really about to hang it up, they'd have other ROH names put over his career, etc. The stage is set to have a big segment in Philadelphia to move this forward.

- B. Club contract signing:
Cody is absolutely a star here.

That was pretty cool to put over just how big of a deal Cody is for the company.

- Cody vs. Burger:
I like Cody's arrogance.

Cody's getting more than he bargained for!!

Damn. Cheeseburger putting up a fight.

NICE use of the belt.

That was good.

- Caprice/Dawgs:
Mehhhhhhhh. ROH isn't great with this kind of thing most of the time.

- Kingdom vs. Shelley/Sabin/Gresham:
I like the Kingdom trying to get back on the map after TK's brutal injury.

Oh boy. Dives.

I like the trio teamwork.

The Kingdom are growing on me.

This is pretty fun.

Aaaaaaaand more dives. God this gets so old.

OH MY GOOOOODDDDDD can The Addiction break this one up, too? It's turned into an exhibition of MOVES.

OK, I guess. Not my kind of match.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment