Total Pageviews

Monday, October 23, 2017

WWE TLC Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw-brand WWE Network special event.

-- Kickoff:
I actually forgot some things in my preview column. Given the card change, I would have booked some undercard matches. Curt Hawkins vs. Darren Young would have been good to put Darren back into things instead of him just showing back up on Main Event at some point. But whatever.

- Miz promo:
I love how self-centered he is. What about HIS big announcement, etc.

I'm glad he's getting to be such a big presence.

Miz threatening to break Angle's neck again was pretty savage.

- AJ/Balor promotion:
It's so weird to promote Bullet Club like this.

It will definitely be a big match.

- Emma promo:
Mostly good. I'm ready for something fresh from her, though.

- Angle/Jordan/Elias:
This is a big event on such a short notice.

Maybe Elias shouldn't have waited until right now to get permission to do a concert?

OOOOOHHHHH nice clapback from The Drifter.

- Cruiser hype:
Oh nooooo. I was hoping for something more from Drew tonight. I guess we'll have to wait for Tuesday.

I love Gulak.

- Mickie interview:
It could definitely be a historic night for Mickie (you know, because she's old).

Nice response to her age being an issue.

That was good.

- Fox vs. Banks:
I like the heated start.

Alicia has some good fire.

Sasha's good.

They're doing a good job here.

Nice work so far.

This is going well.

Wow. Fox needs to keep her eye on Sasha, not the ref.

Not bad!

- Seth/Dean:
I like Dean being all business instead of being starstruck. Angle's teaming with two former world champions in their own right.

-- TLC: 
- Asuka vs. Emma:
I just wonder how Asuka will get the win.

Emma playing mind games here.

I like Emma. Good work here.

Asuka's a dangerous woman.

I like this so far. Emma does her role well.

Emma is NOT going down without a fight.

Asuka's fun when she gets on a roll.

OH MY GOD. Kicking her while holding the arm is pretty vicious.

Asuka has a number of weapons with which to win. I like it.

Nice ending!

- Miz/Bar/Braun/Kane:
I love Miz's heeling here.

Hmmm... it looks like there could be some issues on the heel team.

I do wonder how Miz got Kane involved here.

I'm excited for this combination of threats.

- Elias/Jordan:
Ohhhhh boy here we go.

Oh, wow. Really?? This was their plan to stretch out the PPV?

That was terrible.

- Cedric/Swann vs. Kendrick/Gallagher:
Good so far.

I like how these four are playing off each other.

Good combination of styles.

This is going well.

Solid work here.

Pretty fun ending sequence! Good work to make up for that awful Jordan/Elias segment.

- Alexa interview:
Ahhhh she's the best.

Fun work.

- Alexa vs. Mickie:
Hey, Mickie's game.

Haha Alexa might eat her words here.

I like the strategy here.

Haha. If you can't win with an armbar, just slap each other!!

A double KO here would be underwhelming.

OH WOW. Nice Code Red.

You'll get your tables later.

NICE ending for the devious Goddess.

- Post-match:
Oh that was SO lame. Alexa better eat her alive for such a sappy promo.

- Angle/Seth/Dean:
Wow. They'd rather have gone two-on-five than team with KURT ANGLE??? That's arrogant.

Ha. Of course WWE doesn't acknowledge Angle wrestling somewhere else for a decade. I wonder what he's been up to, in kayfabe.

Angle getting a vest was cool.

- More Elias/Jordan:
Oh. This again. I'd rather see some of the people we don't get to see in the ring much.

Stretching things out more it looks like.

Hopefully this is the end of these two tonight unless there's an actual match.

I mean, seriously? Who throws vegetables?

- Enzo promo:
I fully expect Enzo partied the night before the show. He did work a live event Saturday, so it would have been after that.

I love Enzo's promos. He goes all in. Everyone in the locker room already hates him, so he might as well not hold back on the mic.

- Kalisto vs. Enzo:
Fine work so far. Not every cruiserweight match has to be bell-to-bell flying around.

Impressing flying from Kalisto. I'm glad he got a nod after so much meandering on Raw.

I like it.

HAHAHA mocking the lucha chant.

Enzo's the best.

This is a little sloppy.

This is heating up pretty well.

HAHAHAHA Based Enzo back where he belongs.

- Post-match:
SSSOOOOOOOO BASED.

- AJ vs. Balor:
Oh, no. It's one of THOSE crowds.

OH GOD this is going to be a long match with this crowd.


Both men on the top of their games.

This is going well so far.

Two talented veterans showing what they can do.

Just pure energy here.

Two of the hardest going workers out there showing why they're so highly rated.

Good Calf Crusher spot.

NICE counter to the Phenomenal Forarm.

This is pretty impressive!

Damn. They're really making up for no Abigail.

They're very even so far.

I'm liking this one a lot. Wow.

I'm thoroughly impressed.

Big match and a nice win for Finn. Raw showing its dominance once again.

- Post-match:
Oh, boy. THIS will be all over the Internet. I wonder what the vast majority of the audience that's never seen ROH or NJPW thinks of this.

- Elias vs. Jordan:
At least it's a match this time.

This is just here to "reset" the crowd between two huge matches.

Fine work so far.

I'm liking this well enough.

Nice ending!

- Post-match:
Wow, ref. Way to blow it!

- Seth/Dean/Angle vs. Kane/Bar/Miz/Braun:
I don't blame the faces for looking to take advantage early with chairs.

Wow. Kane getting a rude awakening here.

The faces are doing well despite the odds!

Wow, the faces clearly have a plan here.

So, Braun and Kane come back to cost the faces the match at the end?

Oooohhh... Angle's in trouble now.

Yikes. That powerbomb might not have ended so well for Kurt.

Suplex City!!

I'm loving Kurt's return.

Wow. Angle vs. Kane. This brings back memories.

BAH GAWD BRAUN BROKE KURT IN HALF!!!!!

Oh, wow. They're getting their wish with a five-on-two situation.

It's just hitting fish in a barrel with chairs at this point.

Haha. Kane almost blew it.

Damn. Dean and Seth getting bodied here.

That'll teach Dean not to go through a table the first time!

OHHHHH I bet Kurt's driving the truck.

Good God almighty Seth and Dean are going through the wringer here.

This is pretty fun.

Winning two-on-five would be some BS.

That's Kane's 493rd face turn.

Kane vs. Braun could be AWESOME if they treat it like a horror movie bawl.

SSSSOOOOOOOOOO many chairs!!! That was kickass.

Haha Kane just has his own agenda here.

This is nice.

Damn. Braun might just be indestructible after all.

Wow. So much for staying united against The Shield.

Haha. This is crazy!

OH SHIT. Braun finally neutralized.

Seth and Dean just trying to survive this one. Sheesh.

OH SHIT! I was wondering when we'd see Kurt again. This is awesome.

I'm loving all the carnage here.

Miz pinning Angle would have been AMAZING. I hope they have a one-on-one match.

That was a good counter to the SCF.

This is REALLY good.

Ohhhhh shit. Miz is in trouble here.

Pretty cool ending sequence.

That was beautiful!!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment