Total Pageviews

Friday, February 28, 2020

Super Showdown Reax

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:
- AJ interview:
I enjoyed that. I hope he's got big things ahead of him.

- Heyman promo:
That was pretty great.

- Miz/JoMo promo:
Ahhh fun stuff.

- Naomi promo:
I like it.

- Raiders vs. Karl/Luke:
Interesting beard spot!

NICE bronco buster spot.

A little surprised Karl and Luke won, but it tells the story they have the Raiders' number.

- Ricochet video:
They're giving him some good hype!

-- SSD:
- Gauntlet match:
-- Truth vs. Lashley:
Surprised to see Lana.

Lashley could be a bigger player.

I'm still loving the Cena tribute.

Oh wow!!!!! Didn't see that ending.

-- Post-segment:
Yeah I don't blame Lashley for being upset.

Yeah maybe Truth should have lost. Surely the 24/7 Yemen Zimbabwe Afghanistan Trophy Championship isn't THAT valuable?

-- Truth vs. Andrade:
Interesting that Vega's not here.

I like this story.

Haha I'm liking the fluke story.

-- Truth vs. Rowan:
Ooooohhhhhh Truth messed up big time knocking that cage over.

Fun while it lasted.

-- Post-segment:
Truth's having a tough trip!

-- Truth vs. AJ:
Oh I'm feeling this setup.

Fun heel story.

-- Post-segment:
Hahaha this worked out well for AJ! Probably explains the Raiders loss.

Oh I like AJ wanting the win, although this didn't really build him for an Undertaker match since he beat a weakened comedy act.

Wow good thing Undertaker happened to be hanging around!!

-- AJ vs. Taker:
Hey look it's major wrestling star Undertaker!

Damn they made sure not to overexert Taker this time! This didn't really establish AJ as worthy of challenging whatever's left of The Streak.

- Big E/Kofi:
Fun.

- Kofi/Big E vs. Miz/JoMo:
I like this so far.

They work together pretty well.

I'm enjoying the tag story here.

I miss when the SCF was a real finisher.

Wow. Surprised at that result. Match was good enough. Rematches coming, I'm sure.

- Angel vs. Humberto:
Great chemistry as always.

And amazing athleticism as always!!

Good work. I hope Angel doesn't disappear with Andrade back.

- Bayley interview:
She can add a pretty significant milestone to her title reign with a win.

- Seth/Murphy vs. Profits:
Good work here.

The Profits look good here.

I liked it! Seth and Murphy are fun together, and it's good to see Murphy get a rub.

- Mansoor vs. Dolph:
Hahahaa Roode made the trip just for that, huh?

Standard match formula to let Mansoor shine in Saudi Arabia.

Fine enough for what it was.

- Post-match:
Pretty good local babyface promo.

- Brock vs. Ricochet:
There are some obvious non-PG Saudi government related jokes to make about how badly Ricochet was beaten here. I did hope for more of a match but this was presumably about setting up Drew getting the win. Either that or the people paying for this wanted a dominant Brock win.

- Reigns vs. Corbin:
I like Corbin's aggression here.

Good story/psychology here.

This is pretty fun.

Oh yeah it feels like a big heated match.

I really liked that ending sequence. Big win for THE BIG DOG. Hopefully Cena or Goldberg are next.

- Bayley vs. Naomi:
Good story so far.

Fine work in this one.

Hahahahaha interesting ending.

- Bray vs. Goldberg:
Damn. Goldberg's going to have a quick night, too, it seems.

Hahahahahahaa WOW that was an underwhelming end to The Fiend's run. Sad to see it.

- Post-match:
I really wonder where they go with both men from here. Bray's going to need a hell of a rebound.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment