Total Pageviews

Monday, February 17, 2020

Takeover: Portland Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.
-- Pre-show:
- Mansoor on the panel:
I'm curious if they're testing him out for commentary, since there's been so many changes on the Raw desk.

- Sam on the panel:
He does well as an antagonist.

-- Takeover:Portland:
- Keith vs. Dominik:
These two always have chemistry.

Damn. That Fosbury Flip counter.

These two bring a variety of skills.

I'm liking this.

Good work here!

I love the outside brawling.

Very good flying.

Each man is making it through a lot.

That was very good.

- Post-match:
I kept waiting on a heel turn. Glad it didn't happen.

- Kai vs. Nox:
Can't say I expected this one to start in a sportsmanlike way.

Oooooooh boy this one's already heated before the bell rings!

I love some crazy weapons usage.

This is a battle. I like it.

I like how they play off each other.

They're out to do damage here.

Damn. That duct tape usage was sick.

I can't say I've seen a laptop used in a wrestling match.

Tegan was going to kill Dakota. I'm glad Raquel saved her.

Good work!

- Gargano vs. Finn:
I like this back and forth.

Balor's enjoyable as a heel. Glad to see him do something fresh.

They're telling a solid story.

I like how good the mat wrestling is here.

These two work together quite well.

Good psychology in this one. Simple but effective.

This is really good!

I loved the Pele spot.

Both men look like warriors here.

I'm loving all the counter wrestling.

This is a BIG battle.

Very good match.

- UE interview:
They've got a lot to lose here.

- Rhea vs. Bianca:
Nice start.

This is picking up.

I'm liking the back and forth of this one.

They seem evenly matched. I like it.

Good work from both women.

Another solid match!

- Post-match:
Kind of surprised to see Flair as a heel again.

Good overall.

- Riddle promo:
Ooooh yeah they're running that line into the ground.

- Fish/KOR vs. Brosers:
This is already fun.

I'm loving Dunne and Riddle as a team.

KOR and Fish can make anyone shine.

I'm enjoying this tag action.

OUCCCCCCCCHHHHH kicking the post.

Great work all around.

This is something special.

I love these submissions.

I would have bought the champions retaining off Riddle spearing Dunne.

Very, very solid. Glad to see Riddle and Dunne pushed.

- Cole vs. Ciampa:
More great back and forth.

Nice work from both men.

Ciampa's putting on a clinic. Cole could be in trouble.

Yeah Cole's getting mauled.

Cole remains resilient!

This is really nice.

Both men are high level competitors.

I'm loving this!

They're really taking the fight to teach other.

This is another big battle.

Either man could take this one. I love it.

Each man has moments where he can get the win but the other guy is good enough to stop it.

Ahhhhh of course UE wants to keep the one title they still have.

Hell maybe Ciampa can beat four guys!

How much is it going to take for either man to win????

Gargano's either very brave or very stupid to keep Ciampa from Goldie.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment