Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Impact Wrestling and One Night Only Reax - 3/31/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling and the One Night Only special event.
-- Impact:
- Eddie vs. Alexander:
I like the ferocity here.

This is good. I really want to see Eddie on a bigger stage.

One heck of a battle.

Very nice!

- Post-match:
Someone please sign Teddy Long so he can make things like this into tag matches.

Pretty nice to move things forward again.

- North promo:
Pretty good.

- Kylie vs. Gold:
Impact REALLY needed a fresh face. Glad she's here.

Good energy.

- Kylie interview:
I'm curious what they'll do with her given how Tennille disappeared for so long.

- Moose/Kash:
I've enjoyed this feud.

I think Moose could have worked in "TNA."

- Moose vs. Kash:
It's nice to see Kash again.

Boom. Another win for Moose. I wouldn't mind him being the one to dethrone Tessa.

- 3XL/Bahh/TJP:
Good to see a new tag team.

I have a weird feeling we're in for a lot of "fat" segments.

- Swann/Ace/Scum:
Oooh. The teased split continues.

Wow. Swann could use some friends.

- Sami/Dreamer:
It almost always comes across as desperate when someone bashes "other companies" wink, wink.

Strong promo.

LOL wow yeah things have changed so much for Sami to go from feuding with Tommy Dreamer to feuding with Tommy Dreamer.

I can't help but think Impact's going to stay in the same place as long as they keep reliving ECW.

- Sami vs. Dreamer:
Great. Callihan went from giving someone retinal damage to getting a plunger to the face.

Vintage Dreamer.

When Dreamer was Sami's age, Sami wasn't even wrestling yet. Callihan should be eating him alive here.

Fine for the nostalgia weapons match.

- Post-match:
I do like how all of this tied together.

Sami dropping oVe workd for me.

- Rosemary backstage:
This is just going to go on forever I see.

- Susie/Deaners:
Yung is a free agent, everyone. Save us from this continuing.

- Ryan promo:
This is a relevant gimmick. I like it.

- Ryan vs. Cody:
Honestly pretty "indie" but not in the usual spotfest way. Impact doesn't feel relevant for the most part anymore.

- Eddie/Tessa:
I like the tension here.

- Elgin promo:
Very good. He's poised for big things, so I guess he'll end up feuding with ECW names and being in spooky segments or doing comedy in a few months.

- Tessa vs. Page:
Good story here.

Nice back and forth here.

I like Page's intensity in this one.

This is solid.

Wow. Eddie doesn't have much confidence in her, huh?

Pretty good to continue the build to Rebell… umm... their title match.

- Post-match:
Haha Elgin was good here.

That was nice. This has been established well. It's weird they have this on the same show as Tommy Dreamer, The Deaners, 3XL, Rosemary, and Susie.

-- TNA:
- Opener:
OH MY GOD THEY GOT THE VOICEOVER GUY BACK.

I wonder what Mike Tenay's up to anyway.

- Hernandez vs. Chase:
Wow we're really going back in time here.

Fine trip down Memory Lane.

- Gail promo:
It's a shame we're not getting that show.

- Swinger/Kash vs. Manik/Suicide:
This is an interesting story for sure.

Good for what it is.

Heck might as well have Suicide and Manik come back.

- KOTM promo:
Hahaha. I actually like that match gimmick.

- Steiner/Ryan:
FREAKS AND PEAKS

Steiner Math was honestly one of my favorite promos ever. He had a lot of fun mic moments, though, honestly.

Makes sense that Joey would want to change Steiner's ways.

- Rhino vs. Fulton:
I like Fulton as a hoss.

Can't say I expected Rhino to lose clean.

- Post-match:
HAHAHAHAHAHA glad Raven caned Dreamer.

Honestly yeah having that many run-ins in a main event is pretty vintage TNA!

Pretty good ending.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment