Total Pageviews

Monday, April 6, 2020

WrestleMania 36 Night Two Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE special event.
-- Kickoff:
- Profits promo:
Pretty good. They hype things well.

- Liv vs. Natalya:
Haha good start.

This is a fine match.

Solid enough effort.

- Dolph/Sonya:
I wish they would have saved the reveal for Mania itself.

I POPPED for Corey talking about not mixing your business and personal lives.

-- WM36 Night Two:
- Rhea vs. Flair:
Good start.

Good story of accomplished veteran vs. promising newcomer.

I'm enjoying this. It's power vs. technique.

Very glad this is getting some time to shine. I'm all for WrestleMania being two nights on the regular.

This is very good.

I'm loving the back and forth.

This is really a special match.

WOW. Didn't expect that ending. Hell of a match. We'll see what Charlotte on NXT means going forward.

- Black vs. Lashley:
I like how this is going.

These two could have a clinic.

I like how these two mesh.

This is pretty fin.

Ahhhhh I liked that.

- Sasha/Bayley:
This was positioned well to tease Sasha vs. Bayley.

- Gronk interview:
Sounds like foreshadowing!

- Otis vs. Dolph:
Good mat wrestling from Dolph.

Wow. Good strength from Otis.

Ehhhhhhhh. Fine for what it was.

- Edge vs. Orton:
NICE start.

We're getting another tour of the Performance Center!

That gym choking was really not something I wanted to see after the Chris Benoit Vice episode.

Cool dropkick spot.

They're really making use of the venue.

Interesting elbow drop spot in the conference room.

Pretty cool elbow drop backstage.

BAH GAWD THAT DDT

NICE punt counter!!

Edge stopping the count to do more damage was pretty epic.

Amazing ending. This felt like two warriors clashing.

- 24/7 chase:
Can't say we didn't expect this to happen!

- Profits vs. Garza/Theory:
Nice start.

I like this action so far.

This is pretty solid!

Good ending.

- Post-match:
AHHHHHHHHHHH I'm all for this direction!!!

- Titus as host:
That's smart after what happened with Gronk.

- Smackdown Women's Championship match:
-- Bayley vs. Sasha vs. Naomi vs. Lacey vs. Tamina:
Nice build of Tamina as a beast.

I like the story they've built here.

Fun work from Tamina. I miss Nia, though.

Very good work to make Tamina a beast.

-- Bayley vs. Sasha vs. Naomi vs. Lacey:
This is pretty enjoyable.

I would have been fine with Naomi beating Bayley in a singles match at Mania.

The alliance continues to hold.

-- Bayley vs. Sasha vs. Lacey:
Good story here.

Uh-oh. Maybe that pairing is ending after all.

We could see Lacey take it!

-- Bayley vs. Lacey:
I'm enjoying this.

Ahhhh. Lacey had a good showing.

- Post-match:
I'm curious what's next for these two.

- Fun House:
Well that's a unique way to start a match.

OH MY GOD IT'S 2002 JOHN CENA

This isn't a big grudge match but it is entertaining.

No one would believe this if they weren't seeing it for themselves. This is something else.

THIS IS SO FUCKING INSANE.

That was really great. I just hope they learn the lesson of the Broken Universe and don't make the whole Smackdown brand turn into Bray's zany adventures.

- Brock vs. Drew:
Honestly I prefer five minutes of bombs being thrown to twenty minutes of flashy spots.

I would have bought 3 F5s doing it. It's kind of overkill now.

That was a battle. Good stuff.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment