Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 23, 2020

NXT Reax - 4/22/20

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT.
- Dream/UE:
Well that's an interesting change! I'm guessing NXT threw a curveball to get buzz to start the show.

I am curious what happened to Finn. Gargano?

There were complaints NXT needed to change its formula, so this could be a response to that.

- Kai/Raquel vs. Tegan/Shotzi:
I like this start.

The Dakota/Raquel pairing is enjoyable.

Pretty cool ending. I like this side of Gonzalez.

- Drake promo:
This is pretty weird. We don't usually get someone appearing after being released.

- Atlas promo:
Good stuff, though they've got to strike a balance with the LGBTQ+ elements. They don't want to be seen as pandering.

- Drake vs. Atlas:
I like this start on the mat.

It is nice to see Drake wrestle.

Pretty fun ending. I can't help but think Drake's going 0-3, because imagine losing to someone the company released.

- Post-match:
Worked for me.

- Priest promo:
Good continuity here.

That was nice!

- Kushida promo:
Um yeah I don't see anyone taking the title outside the country anytime soon. Otherwise they might need an interim interim champion!

- Nese promo:
It was kind of cool to acknowledge there are "other places" with this style of tournament.

- Kushida vs. Nese:
More smooth work.

I liked the handspring counter.

This is good!

That was a really cool ending.

- Riddle/Thatcher:
This is a pretty fun combination. I really want to see Dunne vs. Thatcher.

- Kross/Scarlett:
I like this gimmick being something other than "we're here to be THE BEST WRESTLERS!"

- Gargano/Candice:
I mean yeah Gargano as Mr. NXT makes sense given his EVOLVE run.

There are some believable emotions here. It's good to see.

I like the idea of them being the HHH and Stephanie of NXT.

- Io promo:
This could be a lot of fun.

- Drake interview:
I liked that! His release adds something unique to things.

- Mia vs. Kamea:
This is fine.

Good enough to establish Yim.

- Post-match:
Works for me.

I like cocky Charlotte.

- Gallagher promo:
Pretty good.

- Stone/Green:
Honestly she's been relatively unimpressive.

- Gallagher vs. Fantasma:
Haha you'd think luchadores would get tighter masks.

Good so far.

I like Jack's physicality.

They play off each other well.

Not bad at all.

- Post-match:
Meh.

- Fantasma abduction:
I'm going to pop if his alter ego is responsible for kidnapping him, since that was the original plan before he debuted under this gimmick.

- Cole/Strong vs. Lee/Dream:
I liked that start.

Haha nice interference.

I like the doubleteaming.

Oh. Huh. Didn't expect Lumis here.

Kind of an odd ending stretch, but odd doesn't mean bad.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment