Total Pageviews

Friday, October 11, 2013

Impact Wrestling Reax - 10/10/13

Read on for my take on last night's Impact Wrestling.

I've definitely seen worse opening segments with heel authority figures. The WWE name drops and "Steve" were unnecessary. It seems to me that most of the people who know the name Stephanie Levesque already know the angle is a work. The IWC isn't going to give TNA any sympy just because Dixie mentioned a shoot name.

I really don't like Ultimate X matches anymore. They're just a bunch of big spots/bumps until someone pulls the X/belt down.

I wonder what kind of lulzy dirty laundry Styles will be aired tonight.

I really enjoyed the endgame of Hardy vs. Aries in particular. While they did big moves, there was a psychology to it.

Glad Samoa Joe is involved in that one. I wish they had Scott Steiner on the PPV pre-show to speculate if he's too FAT to climb the cables. I miss Joe being a featured act.

I sense a comedy match coming up.

Dear God, why? Lei'D Tapa will become my new favorite Knockout if she kills ODB before this one can happen.

Not too terrible of a comedy match. TNA just feels like a mess right now.

Tapa vs. ODB could be seriously sloppy and lolTNA worthy.

Meh. Aces and Eights. Moving on.

I hope Magnus gets a big rub from Sting at BFG.

Fine enough EGO segment. I'm just ready for whatever new stuff's coming after the Aces and Eights angle.

The EGO Hall of Fame segment was pretty funny, especially the video. Those Dumb and Dumber suits were great. Roode vs. Angle's fine with me. I wonder if they'll have Angle go over since he's going in the Hall of Fame? I don't see that going over well with the die-hard TNA fans.

I like that Roode made his own challenge. I wonder if Hogan thinks he's "ready" now.

Where the heck was Tapa? I figured she'd want to be #1 Contender. Oy. Other than that, I like the Sabin/Velvet story going on. Maybe Brooke can get a serviceable match out of ODB.

EC3 is pretty based already. That was a great video.

Not crazy about the Sting/Magnus match. I really think it's time for Sting to wrap it up soon.

I liked the post-match to set up the BFG match.

I enjoyed the Styles/Dixie segment for the burial of Styles' background.

This commentary's going to be insufferable.

Not a bad handicap match for getting Styles over. TNA doesn't exactly have a roster of home run hitters.

Good ending to the show. I actually somewhat care about Bully vs. Styles for reasons beyond "the angle will finally be over then".

More wrestling coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment