Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Post-Raw dark match, Y2J and Edge respond to HHH, Wyatt update, praise for new star, manager to become wrestler?, original plan for Raw main event, possible Raw injuries, praise for NXT star, Interview with Mickie/potential WWE signee, Raw audience, WWE honored and Questions on Orton, Jim Johnston, Sandow's briefcase, DVRs and WWE does Dallas

Daniel Bryan beat Randy Orton after Raw. Pretty weird booking for a guy they're "trying to bury" and "not putting over".

Chris Jericho took a shot at Triple H after the Raw segment where HHH insulted Y2J's status in the company. I think it can be argued that HHH was the top name in the company for a while post-Attitude Era when he was working with the former WCW/ECW main eventers and leading Evolution. Even when Jericho was the top champion, he was presented as undeserving and clearly below the likes of Rock, Austin and HHH.

Update: Edge responded, too. Marks confirmed for being worked by the Cerebral Assassin.

Bray Wyatt was walking without crutches at Raw, so he could be cleared to return to the ring soon. Talk about dodging a bullet.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Luke Harper was being praised following his work on Raw. I definitely think he's a good hire.

Ricardo Rodriguez has stated that he's going to the WWE Performance Center to learn how to wrestle, so perhaps we'll be seeing him in the ring more frequently. He's worked here and there as El Local and as one of Los Locales, so he's no stranger to the WWE ring.

The original plan for the main event of Raw was Goldust and Cody Rhodes vs. All three members of The Shield. Vince McMahon changed things, as he tends to do. I can't say I disagree with the change.

Dean Ambrose was limping after his match, possibly due to a tweaked knee. He's expected to be ok, which is good news.

C.M. Punk was really hurt after his match. They're playing a dangerous game with him.

NXT's Tyler Breeze was said to have impressed with his live event matches. The roster feels crowded right now with the lack of a brand split, so we might not see him for a while. I like what little I've seen of his character.

Mickie James gave a bit of an update on her wrestling status. It will be interesting to see where she goes from here. I'd be surprised if she showed back up in WWE with her music career taking focus right now. I think she'll at least take a break from TNA.

A former football player has been invited to a second WWE tryout. I'm glad he impressed them. I hope he does well.

Raw did 3.83 million viewers this week. Certainly not great for the show going into Hell in a Cell. I think some of it could be that the HBK boost only helped them so much as people realize he's not coming back full-time or to wrestle.

WWE will be honored for their work in addressing concussions. They're definitely taking wrestlers' health more seriously these days.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Maybe they figure Orton's temper would flare up if they did something like that? I've never really thought of it. Vince is definitely high on Orton.

2. Johnston's a legend in my eyes. It's a shame more people don't know all he's done for THIS BUSINESS.

3. I'm a big Sandow fan, but I think that's a viable Plan B. I don't think it's time to go that route just yet, but it's certainly something to keep on the table.

4. Things like that are often overlooked. It's certainly one reason that ratings are down. Not THE reason, but it definitely has an effect.

5. I think they tried to get that stadium booked, but there was some kind of conflict with another big event. I don't see why they wouldn't want to run there at some point!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment