Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Smackdown dark match, more on TNA taping changes, what's set for Raw, Interviews with Bully Ray/Zigger, 2014 WWE PPV schedule, Show angle update, more on NXT star, FIVE now a face, NXT Divas signing, big Foley anniversary, WWE Network update, another guest trainer at NXT, NXT angle update, BFG weekend notes and Questions on Hogan at Mania, the WCW comic and Sable in the HoF

The dark match for the most recent Smackdown taping saw the Prime Time Players defeat Los Locales (Ricardo Rodriguez and Tyson Kidd in masks). It makes me wonder if Los Locales will become something of a regular thing. I think both stars are talented, so I wouldn't have any problems with it.

TNA has officially canceled the 11/21 Impact taping in Baltimore. They're expected to tape shows at the Impact Zone that week instead. At least, I hope they are given the number of tapings they've dropped. The 10/24 and 11/7 "on-the-road" tapings are still set. Hopefully going back to the Impact Zone is a step in the right direction financially.

Set for Raw:
-A contract signing between Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan
-Shawn Michaels will be in attendance
-HHH's response to Big Show and the Rhodes brothers

That all sounds good to me.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Bully Ray talked ahead of Bound For Glory. In order:

- He's definitely kicked it into a higher gear since the Team 3D split.

- As far as having Hogan, Sting and AJ Styles, those things might not be true in a few more months (Hogan's already officially gone). WWE's roster kills TNA's.

- You'd think that with all of the online support for edgy, realistic Attitude Era stuff, TNA's ratings would be higher when they do stuff like that?

- Maybe if TNA didn't spend so much on going on the road and stars who aren't bringing in new fans, they'd have more money for advertising? It's not like no one knew about Sting and Hogan coming in. There was a big media blitz for Hogan's arrival and for going to Monday nights vs. Raw. Hogan's made a lot of appearances to promote TNA. It hasn't helped.

- It's time to put the Aces and Eights angle to sleep. It's sick and suffering.

Here's the WWE PPV schedule for 2014. Next year's Hell in a Cell will be on C.M. Punk's (and my) birthday! I doubt they'll bring a PPV to Asheville, though.

WWE has announced that Brad Maddox suffered a concussion from being knocked out by Big Show. I like that a non-wrestler can't handle being punched by the World's Largest Athlete. I wonder if we'll end up seeing Maddox in the ring again sooner or later.

NXT's Tyler Breeze, who's working live events, was trained by Lance Storm. I was actually unaware of that. I'm curious to see how he'll do. I've seen a little bit of his character and think it's got some legs.

Big E Langston is now officially a babyface. I look forward to seeing how he'll do in the role. He's got potential.

NXT's Paige and Emma will be signing autographs at the Central Florida International Auto Show on 11/30. I enjoy what I've seen of both of them and think they'll be main-roster bound at some point.

Mick Foley talked about falling off Hell in a Cell for the millionth time. He did so much more in his career to talk about. I can see TNA using that bungee idea. And yeah, the stupid career (and life)-threatening stunts really need to stop. I love JR's commentary. It's just not the same without him. That slam dunk clip was hilarious.

The new target launch for the WWE Network is the first quarter of 2014, possibly before WrestleMania. So Superstars and NXT might finally be airing in the States again before too much longer. I wonder what else they'll have.

Goldust will be helping train at the WWE Performance Center next week. I think he'll be great for that kind of thing.

Dolph Ziggler talked in New Orleans before the selling of tickets for WrestleMania 30. Nothing really ground-breaking.

Billy Gunn helped Bo Dallas retain the NXT Championship over Sami Zayn at a recent live event. It would be logical for Gunn to be a part of HHH's "best for business" idea. I like the continuity if that's the case. Bo vs. Zayn could be pretty interesting.

Dixie Carter was not present at the TNA Hall of Fame ceremony due to the direction her character's going right now. I can't say that's a bad idea.

Jeff and Karen Jarrett were present at that event, sitting with Kurt Angle's wife and family. Never expected to type that sentence! I'm glad they get along, though.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. What's sad is that I can see people paying to see that. I'm rather shocked that they're suggesting anything involving Hogan and Piper given how much they complain about old guys taking up the spotlight.

Nothing to add to 2.

3. I've seen some pictures online. Funny stuff.

Nothing to really add to 4. I can see her making it in at some point, too. She's earned it (as has Brock).

Nothing to add to 5.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment