Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Superstars Smackdown Reax - 10/11/13

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Smackdown.

Superstars:
Langston vs. Gabriel was good for an undercard match. Both men are already better than a lot of X-Division/indie stars as far as psychology goes. It can take a while for a performer to become a main event-level star, and both wrestlers still have work to do, but this was nice.

Not a bad Divas match at all. They both brought some hard-hitting action. I'm a little surprised that Tamina went over, but I suppose she's being built for bigger things now.

Smackdown:
That opening segment was really something. My first reaction is that this was a product of most of the roster being set for the tour in Dubai. We'll see how it plays out.

Axel vs. Truth was rather good. I always like the "hand on the ropes" spot.

Not a bad "lucha" match at all. As far as flippy stuff goes, that was ok. As long as we don't see this kind of thing too often (like we do in, say, TNA), I like it here and there.

Cool post-match. El Torito's pretty renowned for his pre-WWE background. Haitch knows how to pick 'em.

The fact that Cameron, Naomi and Eva Marie are wrestling should tell you all you need to know about this show's "skeleton crew" status.

Nice Rhodes Brothers promo. They make great babyfaces in this scenario.

Sandow vs. Del Rio was quite impressive. I definitely want to see a round 2.

I enjoyed the 6-man tag minus Khali. I think I would have preferred it being a 2-on-2 match than him being involved. But the rest of the performers did a good job working around him. I'm impressed by Young's fire.

I have no clue what Bray's talking about, but it sounds cool.

I really liked the last match. I'm sure people are going to see it as some kind of injustice that the Wyatts lost clean, but it was good. Not really sure why it was the main event over Sandow vs. Del Rio, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment