Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Interview with Sandow/Severn, another NXT injury, Anderson update, WWE charity, Cena special appearance, ROH in TNA territory, more on Los Matadores, a change in Evolution, Kaitlyn, Mickie James and Velvet Sky

Damien Sandow talked ahead of Raw. I can't believe he was once seen as being on the road to the World Title. They've really dropped the ball on him post-MITB.

NXT's Scott Dawson says he's working with a knee injury. I've seen a little bit of his work. His character invites comparisons to Jamie Noble (in a positive way). I still look fondly on some of Noble's matches/segments.

Former WWF (and UFC) star Dan Severn talked in a brief piece. I don't remember him as well as I do Shamrock and Blackman.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Mr. Anderson expects to be back with TNA shortly. I was fine with him being written off. It definitely seemed like he had done just about everything his character could do. Hopefully they take him in a new direction if/when he returns. He's been the pompous "asshole" character for years now.

WWE is teaming up with Susan G. Komen to promote breast cancer awareness. That's cool.

John Cena is advertised for a "special appearance" for WWE's next show in Madison Square Garden on 12/26. It'll be interesting to see how they use him. I'm glad he hasn't been all over TV lately.

ROH will be taping TV in the old TNA Asylum soon. No, this doesn't mean we're in for a TNA vs. ROH feud. TNA doesn't have any special license for the venue (TNA Asylum is more of a nickname).

For those wondering who Los Matadores are, Diego is the former Primo, Fernando is the former Epico and Torito is the former Mascarada Dorada. I think they can make the act work as goofy as it is.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. That sounds awesome. I'm sure Jim Cornette would hate it, though, because wrestling has to be SERIOUS BUSINESS.

2. Wow. That's definitely an alternate universe scenario. I liked Jindrak, but didn't see all that much in him during his brief WWE stint. That said, maybe he slipped under the radar? I haven't seen his work since then.

3. You're not alone in missing Kaitlyn, trust me. I guess they just don't know what to do with her in the current angle. I think it might mean more the next time she appears that we don't know which side she's on in the current war.

4. WWE released her years ago and have hired/pushed a good number of new Divas since then. It's possible she comes back, but it'd be more of an exception than a rule.

5. Given TNA only has a few Knockouts on the roster right now, I think it's safe to say we'll still see them compete.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment