Total Pageviews

Friday, October 18, 2013

Impact Wrestling Reax - 10/18/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

I wonder who was irresponsible enough to let Dixie hold $50,000. I mostly liked that segment as far as setting other things up. I think they should save Bully vs. Magnus for something bigger, but maybe they've got something in mind here.

Fine little Aces and Eights segment. "Little" is an appropriate term for the group right now. The light's finally at the end of the tunnel for this angle.

Fine little four-way match. Sometimes it's tough for TNA stars to match up given their contrasting styles and experience levels.

How mad would the IWC be if Godderz collected the bounty?

Clever segment to set up Gunner vs. Knux while continuing the AJ angle.

I liked Gunner vs. Knux for what it was. Not every match needs to a flashy technical affair.

How sad is it that Sabin being in the main event of Bound For Glory sounds preposterous despite the fact he was TNA Champion just a few months ago? Good segment, though.

I normally wouldn't care much at all about Knux vs. Bully Ray, but if it wraps up the Aces and Eights angle, it's fine by me.

Nice Knockouts segment. They're doing a good job building Tapa up as a force to be reckoned with.

Nice Sabin/Joe segment. It's really not that difficult to set up a confrontation people want to see.

I liked Sabin vs. Joe until Sabin tapped so easily. I get what they're going for from a character standpoint, but I think he's in danger of ending up looking like less of a threat than he was before his chase for the TNA Title.

Fine post-match to set up Ultimate X. I'm sure there will be tons of flippy shenanigans and SICK BUMPZ~! to get a high star rating from their marks at the dirtsheets.

Nice Bad Influence/AJ segment. This part of the angle's pretty cool.

Ethan's so far ahead of some guys in TNA from a presentation perspective, it's scary. I already like him more than "very athletic performer who does cool moves while living his dream # 67".

Bully vs. Magnus was fine, I guess. I really hope Sting puts Magnus over big at BFG.

Please don't turn Magnus heel. TNA's got enough edgy characters.

I was hoping the Magnus/Sting angle would be about passing the torch in what could be Sting's last TNA match. But I'm sure TNA will try to keep Sting around forever.

That was a kick-ass segment with E.G.O. and Angle. Roode could also get a big rub on Sunday.

I really enjoyed the ending segment other than it revolving around an ancient (by wrestling standards) promo. It's also pretty funny that they mentioned a number of legends no longer with TNA (though Hogan could be back soon). But yeah, certainly better than a lot of build I've seen from the company.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment