Total Pageviews

Monday, September 17, 2018

Hell In A Cell Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw and Smackdown Live WWE Network special.
-- Kickoff:
- Seth/Dean interview:
Wow. Yeah. It could definitely be a big night for The Shield and their adversaries tonight.

- Jeff vs. Orton discussed:
Jeff has absolutely always wanted to do one last insane bump inside HIAC before calling it a career.

- Alexa interview:Wow, we're already coming up on title number six?

Good work as always.

- Taker on Raw:
It's so weird to have part of WWE TV try to relive what happened decades past.

- New Day promo:Ahhh. Good times.

- New Day vs. R. Day:
Everyone's impressing early.

OOOOOWWWWWWWW that missed dive!

Hahahaha Aiden doing the Accolade.

Pretty fun!

- Foley/Corbin:
Foley seems very shoehorned in to the angle, as opposed to having a role planned for a long time.

-- HIAC:
- Jeff vs. Orton:
I'm already worried for Jeff. No telling what he'll plan.

Hahahaha what?? Who even thinks of doing that to a table?

A TLC HIAC Match??? 

I liked the one-man Poetry in Motion!

OOOOOUUUCCCCHHHHHH that bump inside the ladder. Jeff's getting all the crazy bumps in he can while he still can.

This is BRUTAL. Orton's killing him.

Jesus. There's something wrong with Jeff going through all this.

Damn. If a swanton on a chair can't beat someone, they're tough!
This is NOT PG. This is some legalized torture.

AAAHHHHHHHHHH that was an insane bump through the table.

I wouldn't blame either man for wanting EMTs after this.

Really, really insane.

- AJ interview:
I like Angry Dad AJ.

- Charlotte vs. Becky:
Good to have some straightforward wrestling after that brutality.

These two are both good.

Hahaha nice Flair Flip reference.

I like the aggression here.

There's a good story to this one.

There's some real grit to this one. These two are going hard.

NICE Boston Crab spot.

Ahhhh I would have been OK with Becky getting DQ'd to set up another match. That was good.

The ending was a bit anticlimactic, but one hell of a match.

- Post-match:
I like this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH Based Becky. Great job.

- New Day promo:
Yeah this is a big difference from the Bludgeon Brothers.

- Dolph/Drew vs. Seth/Dean:
I'm glad Drew and Dolph are badasses now. Dolph spent WAY too long caring about how much attention he was getting instead of focusing on being someone we'd pay attention to organically.

They're really doing a number on Seth.

Great tag team formula here.

Seth fighting back well here!

This is a hell of a battle. Everyone's doing hard.

NICE counter to Dean's embow.

Both sides look like credible top teams here.

I like how well both teams have scouted the other.

They just keep upping the ante!

Pretty badass. Great work!

- Braun/Foley:
There was a time when this would have been a badass feud. Now, I'm worried if Foley's body could take a powerslam bump.

- AJ vs. Joe:
Oh AJ is pissed off. I like it!

I'd like to see Joe play AJ's anger against him here.

The ring work has been really good on this show. Everyone is fighting like it means something.

This is definitely delivering.

Very smooth work.

Impressive strength from AJ there.

I love the counter work here.

GENIUS counter to the Forearm. That was badasses.

Not surprised we're headed for another match.

- Post-match:
Should be a good angle to continue things.

This has been a MUCH better feud than AJ vs. Shinsuke. I'm glad they're doing more than "It's a dream match! They have so much history!"

- Miz/Maryse interview:
HAHAHAHA these two are the best.

- Bryan/Brie vs. Miz/Maryse:
Miz is such a based heel. Nowadays heels also try to steal the show with their ringwork. Miz is there to get boos. I love it.

Bryan is definitely an incredible wrestler.

This is beautiful.

Oooohhhh that concussion tease.

I'm DYING at Miz doing Bryan's kicks.

This is nice.

I loved Brie not being afraid of Miz.

This is HOT. I love it!

I loved the double Yes Kick spot.

Hahahaha Miz and Maryse prevail again! Bryan and Brie looked great, though. They'll be fine.

- Jeff update:I hope you've enjoyed the Hardys these past twenty-plus years, because they're bound and determined to end their careers soon.

- Ronda vs. Alexa:
Ohhh boy I hope you're ready for Distraction City.

Hahhaa good spot with Alexa taking out her friends.

I mean, they had to make it look like Alexa had a chance in this one.

Lots of moving parts here.

Yeah, not a good idea to taunt Ronda Rousey.

Oh, maybe it was a good strategy after all!

Probably went a little longer than it needed to, but good work from everyone.

- Joe/Paige:My ONLY complaint with the SSD rematch is I want Joe to win on SD1000. I'd hate to see another disputed finish to a major match with Joe coming up short, but that's kind of the position they're in.

- Roman vs. Braun:
This is already intense! I love it.

Ahhh perfect environment for a monster.

I love in-ring trash talk.

Being locked inside HIAC with Braun would be illegal as a form of punishment.

I like this a lot.

Foley better be careful if he doesn't want ANOTHER crazy Cell bump.

Haha Braun's indestructible! 

I like how much each man brings here.

AWESOME table spot.

This is all out gang warfare. WarGames time?

Ohhhh boy it's about to get dangerous.

This is wild.

GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY! Haven't Seth and Dolph taken enough on this show??

BAH GAWD BUSINESS HAS JUST PICKED UP! 

HOLY SHIT indeed!!! 

That was a hell of a way to bring Brock back.

One of the most badass PPVs I've seen in a long time.

More wrestling coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment