Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 6, 2018

NXT, MYC, and ROH Reax - 9/5/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT, MYC, and ROH.
-- NXT:
- Kassius vs. Kona:
Reeves is really outclassed here.

Damn. I don't have high expectations for Reeves long-term after that.

- Post-match:
Oooh. That was a nice re-establishment of Kassius.

- Blake/Cutler vs. Profits:
For anyone keeping score, Blake was last in a match on NXT TV in May 2017, while Cutler's last NXT TV match was January 2017. Both lost.

Haha the Sons already being routed.

The Profits are pretty smooth now.

I wonder if The Mighty will be on Super Show-Down?

Not bad, although it hardly speaks well of the Sons for them to need interference to win their first match.

- Regal/Machinery:
Ugggggggh toilet humor.

I kind of hope it was Gargano who attacked Black.

- Dunne/Ricochet:
This should be an amazing match. Both have been built well apart from each other.

- Kairi entrance:
I wasn't crazy about this character at first, but she's grown on me a lot.

- Sane vs. Adora:
Adora's not bad.

Not bad at all! Kairi's getting into a good flow.

- Post-match:
Ahhh I love Shayna.

This was pretty badass. I look forward to the next match.

- Ciampa promo:
I love Tomasso's arrogance.

This guy's a star.

- Lars/Regal:
They really have a lot of potential suspects, huh?

I love Lars! How many times can Raul Mendoza die, though?

- Gargano vs. Dream:
Velveteen's holding his own so far.

I'm loving the character arc for Johnny.

This is nice!

I like the solid work here.

Velveteen is really multifaceted. 

I like the focus on the knee.

They're telling an AMAZING story with Johnny and Tommaso. 

AHHHHHH great ending! Well done!
- Post-match:
This is something else. Wow. 

-- MYC:
- Zatara promo:
Yeah, some of these people are just here to fill spots and be international.

- Tegan promo:
Now this is how you introduce yourself.

Awkward discussion of the previous injury.

- Zatara vs. Tegan:
Nice start.

Wow. I see why people were excited for Tegan.

Haha I like Zatara here.

Both competitors are showing something here.

That wasn't bad at all!

- Ember/Alexa in the crowd:
They could be seeing future opponents here.

- Ripley promo:
YESSSSS I like this.

- MJ promo:
Ehhh.

- Ripley vs. MJ:
Rhea's already really impressing me.

OMG that dropkick.

I like Rhea's tenacity.

MJ's not bad.

There's a nice back and forth here.

DAMN that finisher. Ripley's special.

- Kraven promo:
Interesting...

Well she got me interested in seeing her wrestle.

- Lacey promo:
Hmmmm. We'll see how she does.

- Lio in the crowd:
The man of the hour!!

- Kraven vs. Lacey:
Lacey's got good athleticism.

Solid so far.

Lacey's not going down without a fight.

I like Lane's fire.

Not bad!

- Natalya interview:
I want to see Mia signed, so that's good.

- Meiko promo:
This is really cool. Glad to see her.

- Kelly promo:
Another good promo.

- Funaki/Tye in the crowd:
I miss Funaki.

- Meiko vs. Kelly:

This is already solid.

Kelly's good, but she's up against someone with a lot more experience.

Wowww. I like this.

I'm feeling the hype for Meiko.

Kelly's not bad at all. Excited to see more from her.

Impressive!

-- ROH:

- Sumie vs. Rayne:
Nice work to begin.

I'm a little surprised Sakai has been champion this long. I fully expected Tenille to be the centerpiece of the division. Maybe she's only on a short-term deal?

Sumie is pretty good, though.

Rayne is good.

I like how these two work together.

Pretty good work! I hope we see more from Rayne, whatever her first name is going forward.

- Taylor vs. Woods:
Amazing this feud is still going. The biggest drawback of ROH right now is the TV schedule.

Woods is pretty badass.

It's nice to see Woods just lay into Shane.

I mean, damn. Woods is just killing him.

Ha. Woods screwed Woods there.

- Kross/Zanders/Cobb/Isom:
I love this a lot more than a real top prospect tournament.

Cobb doesn't need to have long promos or matches to get over. He just needs to show up and wreck people.

- Bully/Silas vs. Friends:
All In would have been the perfect sendoff for Bully. I'm just saying. I think he's going to stretch it out to Final Battle again, though.

I like the Friends and Silas. I'd much rather see Bruiser or Milonas in Bully's spot.

The Friends are pretty entertaining here.

Fun overall.

Man. The Friends are great here.

If Bully would just shut up and wrestle he wouldn't be bad.

Silas re-retiring Bully is fine if it sticks.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment