Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Raw Reax - 9/3/18

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Braun/Dolph/Drew/Shield/Corbin:
I hope these guys call themselves The Sword or something.

I mean, Braun's got a point about Roman not doing things one-one-one.

Really Raw needed a new top-level heel, whether that was Braun, Finn, or Lashley.

I'm excited for HIAC.

I'm glad to see Drew at this level.

This is pretty fun.

As much as I like sports entertainment, I enjoy some serious ass-kicking, too.

They definitely won't be the first wrestlers to get arrested!

- Bellas vs. Liv/Sarah:
If the Bellas are knocking off ring rust, I don't see these two being the best opponents for them, but maybe they can make it work.

So-so basic action.

At least they're getting ring time, I guess.

Basically a showcase for the Bellas as they go through a crash course of getting back in the ring.

Ehhh.

- Corbin/Finn:
Save usssssssss. The sooner we get to Angle vs. Corbin, the better.

We need something new in the Finn saga. He's meandering.

- Roode/Gable:
Well this is an interesting pairing. I like both of them, but it seems kind of random and sudden to pair them. It does seem to suggest Jason Jordan's not planned to return soon.

- Roode/Gable vs. Ascension:
Ahhhh it's good to see Chad's smooth wrestling again.

I'd hope a former world champion can get past The Ascension.

Niiiiiice showing from the new team.

- Elias/Alexa/Mickie/Alicia/Ronda/Natalya:
Cheap Heat Machine. I love it.

I love Alexa.

Fun stuff overall.

- Natalya vs. Bliss:
Alexa always running away is getting tiring. It's not like she can't wrestle well.

Fine enough.

Ha. Alexa trying a submission. That could have been a fun angle in itself with her trying to tap Ronda out.

- Post-match:
Mostly fun for the time it had. I'm missing Nia in all of this.

- Corbin/Braun/Dolph/Drew:
I'm shocked a title match was booked before the show started! It seems like everything is done last-minute on wrestling shows.

Corbin better have some challengers on hand.

- Revival/Dolph/Drew:
HAHAHAH I love The Revival, but that was pretty great.

- B-Team vs. Dolph/Drew:
Drew can be a tough SOB if they let him.

Fine work so far. Both teams are fluid.

Niiiiiiiice. B-Team put up a good fight. I hope we haven't seen the last of them after all the work in putting them together.

- Authors/Drake:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT. I didn't know I wanted this until now. He's kind of the Spike Dudley of the group.

Well at least they haven't been forgotten. I'm curious how this will affect 205 Live.

- Authors squash:
I'm willing to forget their previous work if they improve things from here.

- HBK/Taker:
THIS FEUD IS STILL HAPPENING ALL THESE YEARS LATER.....

Shawn is good at adding levity to things.

Wow, Shawn's going all the way to Australia to see it? Seems a little much.

It looks like this will be the 30th one-on-one meeting, which includes quite a few dark matches and live events.

This definitely comes across like dads arguing at their kids' softball game.

LOL Taker trying to goad a retired guy into another match after beating him eight years ago.

- Balor/Corbin:
OK, that was actually pretty fun.

- Sasha/Bayley vs. Dana/Ember:
Well this is an odd combination.

I love Ember. I wish she was higher up on the card.

Hahah this is why Dana calls the shots.

- Post-match:
I REALLY wonder what everyone's doing if TWW breaks up. I don't see them getting far by themselves based on past iterations.

- Lashley/Corbin:
That could actually be pretty entertaining.

- Lita vs. Mickie announced:
HOLY SHIT!!!!! Not every match has to be veteran vs. current star. That should be pretty good.

- Lashley/Jinder/Owens:
Wow that "quitting" really didn't last very long.

Not bad to get a feud going.

- HHH/Foley next week:
Man they're really trotting out the old names, huh?

- Shield update:
Wow, they really got things handled pretty quickly.

- Braun vs. Finn:
I like how these two work together.

Both men are doing their role well.

Finn's good as a giant slayer.

I like Finn going against the odds and standing a chance.

I liked that finish a lot. Balor's fine in defeat.

- Post-match:
What'd they do, beat up all the cops?? That will get WWE boycotted for sure.

Ha. I like The Shield vs. Everyone.

I like this ass-kicking.

Pretty good overall. I hope these people aren't destroyed in a week or two.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment