Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Friday Night Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 10/18/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Friday Night Smackdown.
-- FNSD:
- Shinsuke vs. Roman:
Good stuff so far.

I like the Shinsuke/Sami pairing.

NICE counter to the Superman punch.

These two (or three, really, with Sami) work well together.

Oh. Well.

- Post-match:
At least the King's doing something major.

I liked that. Since the Harper/Rowan pairing was split for whatever reason, maybe they can still do something fun with this face duo.

- New Day/HM:
I like the preview for Crown Jewel.

Eh. Poor Kofi right back to where he was.

- Corbin interview:
I liked that.

- Gable vs. Axel:
It was good to see Axel again, and it looks like they're pushing Gable this week. We'll see how far he gets before they drop his momentum with another loss.

- Post-match:
That wasn't bad at all, and we finally learned what that Shorty G copyright was for!!!

- Hogan announcement:
Glad we finally got back to this feud.

- Big E/Xavier/HM vs. Roode/Ziggler/Revival:
I like this so far.

Good action here.

Glad to see the tag division spotlighted.

Good work!

- Bryan interview:
I liked that a LOT.

- Ali promo:
More good work from him.

- MizTV:
I enjoy the Bayley/Sasha heel pairing.

Miz ALWAYS knows where to hit close to home.

I love the character progression for Bayley.

DAMN Bayley going in!!!!

I like the building of Nikki.

Oh I guess everyone's going to interrupt everyone else.

- Nikki vs. Dana vs. Lacey vs. Carmella vs. Sonya vs. Mandy:
Good start. Of course Mandy and Sonya will work together.

Good energy here.

This is pretty solid.

Not bad at all!

- Braun vs. Gulak:
As much as I LOVED this version of Gulak, it's a shame he's going to be defined by it after his recent run.

Fine to establish Braun ahead of Crown Jewel.

- Roman on Team Hogan:
That's definitely meaningful!

- Roman/Bryan vs. Shinsuke/Corbin:
I like the fire here.

Zayn has been invaluable for Shinsuke.

These names are working well together.

Nice action!

Solid work all around.

-- 205 Live:
- Drake promo:
They're really winging it with this brand.

- Gallagher vs. Kendrick:
Good heat here.

I like how this feels like a serious fight.

These two work together well.

I like devious Kendrick.

- Singhs squash:
Not awful to remind us these two wrestle. I'm ready for them to rejoin Jinder, though.

- Ariya vs. Oney vs. Nese:
Ha. I like the heel teamwork.

Fine story here.

The Nese/Ariya dynamic here is pretty funny. Ariya can be a solid manager if/when this brand closes.

I'm enjoying this. They're working together well.

Pretty good work.

- Post-match:
I liked that! Should be good.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment