Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Friday Night Smackdown and 205 Live Reax - 10/25/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Friday Night Smackdown and 205 Live Reax.
-- FNSD:
- MizTV:
Glad they're not using the Raw names in this segment given how much we've been told they won't cross brands anymore.

This is set up well.

Flair beat the Hulkster in WCW, brother, but I guess that doesn't count.

I'm really thinking the Shorty G gimmick was his own idea. The name was trademarked months back.

It's pretty awkward Sami's promoting this match when he won't be ringside. I hope they do an injury angle or something.

Yeah that was a bad promo from Roman. Yikes.

I guess that's how they get around Sami not going to Saudi Arabia.

Oooh. Nice substitute.

Good opening segment.

- Title match next week:
You know maybe contenders shouldn't be set until after the turmoil match?

- Kofi/Big E vs. Roode/Dolph:
Nice work from New Day.

Wowwwwwwwwww. Kofi's career isn't going well on FOX.

- Post-match:
STRAIGHT UP EIGHT MAN TAG TEAM MATCH COMING.

- Lacey promo:
Wow imagine speeding to an arena and then not wrestling.

- Lacey squash:
Well that wasn't awful to re-establish Lacey. She can't do much with Bayley and Sasha ahead of her on the heel list.

- Cross interview:

I really hope she beats Mandy.

- Fun House:
Well this is different.

GROSSSSSSSS.

Hahahaa.

- Gulak vs. Kalisto:
Well that was fun while it lasted.

- Post-match:
I mean, realistically, I can't say I expected Gulak to get super far on this show.

Yeah Braun's looking pretty heelish here.

- Bryan/Shinsuke/Sami:
Man I miss Environmental Extremist Daniel Bryan.

I like Sami's logic here.

Interesting that Bryan didn't just kick their heads off.

- Cross vs. Mandy:
Not bad so far. Mandy has improved.

I wouldn't have been shocked for the heel antics to lead to a Nikki loss.

- Rey/Cain/Brock/Heyman:
I wonder if Dominik will go to NXT?

This has been sold really well.

Uh oh. What have those two been up to?

Brock is a top level heel.

Ahhhhhh I love this.

AWESOME heel moment.

- Roman/Ali/Shorty vs. Baron/Cesaro/Shinsuke:
Good in and out work here.

I like how this is going so far.

G is impressive in this one.

These names are meshing well.

That was a cool finish!

-- 205 Live:
- Lio vs. Oney:
I'm so glad to see a fresh face on this show.

This is smooth, to no one's surprise.

I like the story here.

WOW. Good work.

- Post-match:
That jab at Lio's antics was great.

- Nese vs. Mendoza:
Good lucha things here.

Pretty good back and forth here.

I'm liking this.

Not bad at all. both men worked hard.

- Singhs promo:
We'll see if Samir ends up champion.

- Kendrick promo:
Ahh yes the vintage "kids these days" promo.

That was good enough. I assume Kendrick vs. Drake is coming.

- Scott vs. Ariya:
Good story so far.

I definitely see the hype for Scott.

Good work!!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment