Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 6/17/11

We're just 2 nights away from WWE Capitol Punishment, where Christian is scheduled to challenge Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Championship. However, a concussion to the champion may have serious implications as to whether that match takes place. What will and won't be changed heading into Sunday's PPV? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.
Long-haired Christian. That brings back memories...

No Green Day this week? Interesting. Not that I really mind. That song doesn't exactly say "get excited for people fighting".

Not a bad opening promo from Orton.

Hey, we got something different this week: usually Long waits until after everyone else is done talking to come out and make a match.

I'm mostly ok with heel Christian now.

I guess I'm ok with that main event set-up. I'm still wondering where Mark Henry is during all of this.

Loving the Beakman thing in the crowd.

I guess Slater and Gabriel will be getting new music.

The integration with Facebook and Twitter's pretty cool.

Really impressed by Cody Rhodes here.

I really think Big Zeke's going to win the IC Title on Sunday.

Pretty good 6-man tag. I'm liking all these guys.

Sheamus could pull out a surprise win on Sunday, especially with Orton's concussion.

That was a pretty weird ending to the 6-man tag. Presumably it sets something up for Sunday.

Wait, why is Vladimir Kozlov on Smackdown? I remember when HE was the foreign guy in relatively quick matches.

Booker calling him Koz is hilarious to me for some reason.

That chop by Khali didn't look good at all.

Not a bad match. It seems like Jinder's got the basics down; he just needs more experience and moves. Definitely someone to keep an eye on in the weeks and months to come.

This is the most I've cared about Big Show in a long time. This is pretty cool. I say he gets arrested on Sunday.

Damn, Mark Henry just got mauled.

I figured we'd get the 6-Diva tag on Sunday after Kaitlyn vs. Alicia tonight.

I wonder if they'll ever call AJ and Kaitlyn the Chickbusters, as has been hinted on Twitter.

Tamina is pretty beastly.

Well that was kind of lame. Hopefully that wasn't the end of the feud; that really wasn't much to sink my teeth into.

Not to mention that it puts us right back at square 1 to a degree where AJ and Kaitlyn can't beat the established Divas.

Johnny Curtis is a weird dude. I mean, really. The segments are kind of clever, but in an "umm... what?" way.

WWE has almost made me miss the "That's What I Am" promos with these "press conferences".

Slater and Gabriel vs. McGillicutty and Otunga makes plenty of sense given their histories.

Fine tag match.

Not a bad promo by Del Rio. I think this feud's big enough to get time on Smackdown, though as I said I'd rather have seen him face Kane on Sunday, giving Show more time to "be injured", then come back for either MITB or Summerslam.

Wow. Big Show means business. That was awesome.

Did I just hear a pro-Sheamus chant? Wow.

Heel Christian going for a spear was awesome.

Well then, so much for the triple-threat idea. That seemed like somewhat of a no-brainer. Then again, so did the 6-Diva tag being on Sunday.

Is Sheamus still heel? This whole show's been weird.

That's all for Smackdown. I'll be back Sunday for Capitol Punishment, and a news post will be up after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment