Total Pageviews

Friday, June 24, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 6/24/11

Last Sunday at Capitol Punishment, Randy Orton retained his World Championship against Christian. However, Christian's foot was underneath the rope, so the pinfall shouldn't have counted. You can bet the master of the Killswitch will have something to say about the situation tonight. Also, Wade Barrett gets his rematch for the Intercontinental Championship with new champion Ezekiel Jackson. All this and more on Smackdown. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

SyFy has a movie on soon called The Core. It doesn't have anything to do with Barrett, Jackson, Slater, or Gabriel though.

It's a conspiracy, darn it! Yeah, Christian should have to earn another title shot. What number in a row is this for him?

Oh, commentators, you so crazy.

Hopefully WWE resists the urge of putting Sin Cara in the main event too quickly while trying to make him the next Rey Mysterio. It took time for the audience to accept Rey in that role.

Booker T. cracks me up on commentary. I don't 100% know why, though.

Cara seems like he's adjusting better to WWE.

I like Rhodes' darker theme.

Bryan and Rhodes had a solid segment. Poor Dusty will never live those polka dots down.

I love heel Cole. Talk about a natural jerk.

The stuff about "D. Bryan" had me laughing, too. WWE needs a Booker T. soundboard like they did with Aksana on NXT Season 3.

This match is pretty good if you can get past the silliness on commentary.

I just noticed the sign about (Nigel) McGuinness being better than Danielson/Daniel Bryan. I wouldn't get my hopes up for the former Desmond Wolfe being signed to WWE. Whatever health concerns he had (has?) prevented him from going there at the same time as Bryan. I believe it was related to concussions?

Fine match and continuation of their angle. I want Bryan, Cara, DiBiase, and Rhodes in Smackdown's Money In The Bank.

Ok, I'm not so sure these goofy video packages are doing much for Curtis. They're kind of funny, but I don't really see how it's going to get him over as a wrestler.

Pretty cool video package on Henry.

Fine beatdown. Hopefully we're back to Henry being a main event threat.

That attack from behind by Wade genuinely caught me off guard. Awesome.

Haha, Steve Regal reference. I wonder how many people knew who he was referring to. That gimmick was quite a while back for William.

Not a bad match. Zeke's no technician, but what he can do is enough if he's used wisely.

Gabriel and Slater are still pretty bad promos. It's mainly their accents/voices.

That dance was weird.

That was a fine match I guess. I kind of like Slabriel's theme song in its own weird way. I was more impressed with the Usos than them in this match.

Lots of Nunzio this week.

I don't think this helped Jinder much. At least not as far as showing what he can do in the ring. The promo afterward was good, though. If he can wrestle well enough without Khali's interference, WWE could be on to something with him.

Wow, they're getting all they can out of that WrestleMania DVD.

When Mathews brought up someone Booker just couldn't beat, my first thought was Triple H. At least he couldn't when they faced off at WrestleMania and Summerslam.

As I recently mentioned about Kane, it doesn't take much effort to bring him back to main event level. He has tons of credibility from years of being a WWE mainstay in the upper midcard and main event.

Christian's mannerisms going for the spear are awesome.

At least Christian's not going back to throwing fits in the ring. He used to go ballistic when something didn't go his way in a match. Thankfully that gimmick's done now.

Mark Henry as #1 contender would be fine with me.

I was expecting Big Show to come out for a second. Thankfully he's being kept hurt for once.

Guesses on what title match we'll end up with at MITB? Orton vs. Christian vs. Henry vs. Kane maybe? I'd be a bit surprised if they went with another 1-on-1 match (unless they add a major stipulation).

That's all for Smackdown this week. I'll be back Monday night for Raw. A news post will be up at some point after midnight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment