Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Query on the Knockouts division, Nash vs. Warrior continues, more from Chelsea Handler, Questions on Natalya, Toxxin, and MSG, Helms interview, Titus O'Neil profiled, Angle, Swagger and Batista interviews, Impact Wrestling taping in the UK, Goldberg/Lesnar II?, and the Impact Wrestling rating

To respond to a query sent in to the blog:
1. I don't think the Knockouts division is going downhill from a wrestling perspective, as there are some talented performers working there. But with some of the ways they've been used as eye candy and characters I don't enjoy lately, I can see the argument that it's not as good as it used to be.

Kevin Nash had more comments for Warrior. WWE should put them on Legends' House.

Chelsea Handler responded to Beth Phoenix's challenge. Theoretically this means I don't have to hear her annoying voice on WWE TV.

On to my take on PWInsider.com's questions:
1. They're using Natalya to get others over because she's pretty good at it. Natalya vs. Beth wouldn't surprise me in the least down the line. For now, though, maybe Tamina's going to be next in line for a title shot. I'd certainly rather see her get it than Alicia Fox.

They said pretty much everything there is to say for 2, and 3 for that matter. After the break, I go into the rest of the day's news and questions, starting with Toxxin's status with TNA.

4. It certainly looks like Limbo for her at present. She and Shannon Moore are kind of left out in left field without Neal around. If there's any update on the situation, I'll report it!

5. I honestly don't think it'd be very wise for TNA to run the Garden if they legally could. I don't think it would work out too well for them from a financial standpoint. They're not that well-known yet.

The former Hurricane gave an interview on his career. I actually really enjoyed the ECW brand. I'd be more than ok with some more colorful characters like his on the show today so people would stand out more. Wrestling can be successful without being super serious, particularly when it's a PG sports-entertainment brand. Why screw over something that's making you money!?

NXT Rookie Titus O'Neil was profiled in Florida. Good little read. He's at least got the physical tools to succeed in WWE if used right.

Kurt Angle guaranteed that he'd qualify for the Olympics team. The man's working an insane schedule this month. He also said that he felt disrespected by WWE performers using his signature moves. I thought that was someone else who posted that on his Twitter that time and he worked things out with Orton? I've really lost track of some of his more outlandish escapades.

Update: Here's another interview from Angle pushing TNA.

Jack Swagger gave an interview promoting Raw. Good stuff.

Batista talked WWE a bit in an interview on Scorpion King 3.

TNA will be taping Impact Wrestling in London, England on 1/28. That's pretty awesome. They're continuing to grow. I can't believe that I'm getting behind them lately given how badly I've criticized them in the past.

Goldberg tweeted that he'd be open to a rematch with Brock Lesnar in WWE. Yeah, I don't see that one going down.

Finally, Impact Wrestling did a 1.11 on Thursday. Though the rating was lower, they actually had 85,000 more viewers. Ratings are quirky sometimes. I hope business improves for them because they've been really on as of late (compared to some of the dreadful shows they've had in the past).

That's all for Friday's news. More to come tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment