Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Interviews with Angle/Austin/Kofi, Survivor Series match changed, Edge Q&A, Impact viewership, and Questions on releases, heart attacks, new stars, Anderson, and TNA vs. WWE

Kurt Angle talked about British wrestling and more. I hope TNA picks up some good talent over there, and that they do have some long-term plan for Magnus.

3MB (Slater and Mahal) will now face Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd on tomorrow's pre-show. What does that say about how much they change their minds? Theoretically this means Marella and Ryder could be added to the main card.

Cody Rhodes has undergone an MRI on his shoulder and several concussion tests. The company is adamant that he doesn't compete until he's cleared. Smart. I think he's got a good deal of potential. Tensai will likely replace him tomorrow.

Mick Foley talked about his newest book and more.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Edge answered some fan questions. I agree about women's wrestling in WWE.

Stone Cold talked a WWE return, the Hall of Fame, and Redneck Island.

The viewership for the latest Impact was 1.35 million, the highest since August. Wow.

Here are highlights from a Kofi Kingston interview.

NXT is expected to grow in the near future. I suppose that's a good thing?

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I definitely wouldn't rule it out, since they're thinking of bringing some new faces to the main roster. I hope they don't, though.

2. They wanted the heels to do something dastardly. It's that simple.

3. That's not a bad list at all. I think they have a lot of talented young superstars who should be getting more love from Creative. I'd add Rhodes, Sandow (if he keeps up the work he's been doing), Bryan, Barrett, and maybe even Jack Swagger. There are other people on the roster who are growing in the low to midcard as well. Pretty much my rule is that if they've been on TV for more than 10 years, they as a general rule should be used to elevate some fresher names. Though that doesn't mean they have to lose every match by any stretch, and some of those guys very much still have "it".

4. I think that boat's sailed. Talk about a talent that went from showing a lot of potential to being stuck in a rut. I used to have high hopes for him.

5. If they do, I think that's years down the line. When Impact starts competing with Raw, we'll see. In the meantime, they've got some audience growing to do.

More wrestling tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment