Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Main Event Reax - 11/14/12, new faces in NXT, and Questions on Cena and Creative

Main Event:
I liked the pre-match segment to set up the tag team match.

Awesome tag match. I hope Bryan, Sandow, and Rhodes are the future of WWE and that Kane still has gas in the tank for a while to come.

Fine post-match.

I liked the smack talk between Ziggler and Miz. Two guys who exemplify what a wrestler is in 2012.

So-so match between Otunga and Santino. It felt like something that was just there to warm the crowd up or the rest of the taping.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Some new faces have popped up in NXT (officially):
Adrian Neville, formerly known as PAC. I'm impressed with his resume and he's gotten good marks from online fans.
Axl Keegan, formerly Max Bauer.
Gavin Reid
Scott Dawson

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I don't know if I'd turn Cena without plans to elevate some new babyfaces to replace him. I don't think Sheamus is there yet, Punk's way too good as a heel, and Orton and Mysterio have two strikes. Who would fill the void? I would like to see his character be less of a goof, though, and preferred him when he was hungrier. Now he has no incentive to improve his game on the mic or in the ring - his spot's secure.

2. Some of the problem with HIAC's main event was not knowing if Cena would be healthy or not. But I agree, Vince changes his mind too much and the product suffers.

3. I doubt an idea of Curt Hawkins going over Brodus Clay would make it out of the writers' room, but that's what producers do.

Nothing to add to 4.

5. Maybe when Cena goes into the Hall of Fame. You know that's going to happen one day.

More wrestling tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment