Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Superstars and Smackdown Reax - 11/23/12

Read on for my thoughts on the 11/23 Superstars and Smackdown.

Superstars:
Fine enough opening tag.

I very much liked Gabriel vs. Young. Both men have progressed nicely since NXT Season 1, and I think they'll only get better from here. I think WWE could easily fill some time on 3-hour Raws with matches like this instead of burning out the top guys so much. 

Smackdown:
Pretty good opening segment, despite Cena's goofiness. I'm starting to buy into the theory that he's supposed to be a heel to the older audience who doesn't like his promos. They're pretty bad. This guy used to eat people on the mic and now he's Mr. PG.

Ryback's incredible at burning through people. I don't think it means much that Darren lost since Ryback can kill just about everyone on the roster. Titus did another good job on commentary.

I liked the post-match from Titus. I would have saved Titus eating a Shellshock until either Raw or next week's Smackdown.

I would have liked a little more set up for Antonio/R-Truth 2. The pre-match promo was good at any rate (even though pretty much EVERY heel does that promo).

Cesaro was impressive. His out-of-WWE experience has served him well. Truth did what he does, and it was good. I can't wait for Round 3.

Sheamus vs. Show in a Chairs match is predictable but perfect. I hope Sheamus has a strong showing, even if he doesn't win. It will be very interesting to see the World Title situation at Mania.

Sin Cara vs. Del Rio was pretty nice. I wish Cara would have gotten a little more offense in before tapping out, but all in all this was pretty good. I hope both men are around for a while.

Bryan and Kane are in some really weird segments, but their acting is good.

I understand why they did it, and I probably would have made the same decision as a booker, but it ticks me off as a fan of good wrestling that Big Show beat Daniel Bryan. A great little man should be able to beat a mediocre big man.

I'm pretty tired of Big Show's act. We get it; he's big and dangerous. Hopefully this is all a set-up for someone good to take the title from him and get a big career-defining moment.

Good match between Sandow and Kingston. Give both men some experience and I think they'll be main eventers. I hope Sandow gets some heat back after a clean loss. A dirty win over an injured Cena would be nice (and, if done right, not hurt Cena much).

Fine post-match.

Pretty good main event. Ziggler's slowly getting that rocket ride to the top.

Pretty exciting way to end the show. I guess we're in for Cena and Orton vs. Del Rio and Ziggler. Pretty apparent to me who should get the W there.

More wrestling coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment