Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Jeff Hardy-TNA update, and Questions on starting a wrestling promotion, Vince/Linda, Cena going heel, and WWE buying THQ

Jeff Hardy is close to signing a new deal with TNA, but nothing's in stone yet.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I like this question! If money's not an issue at all, I honestly might try to sign someone for a one-shot if I couldn't get a full deal (Goldberg, Batista). Other than that, I'd consult experts who follow the indies with who I should sign and use. I always liked Helms' (joking?) idea of "Future Endeavored Wrestling" made entirely of former national talent, but a lot of the people I'd want would already be picked up by TNA or ROH. I might start off in a loyal wrestling area before going on the road each week.

2. Just think of all they could have done for WWE with that money! I do wonder what he was thinking then. It had to be a pretty tough time. He's so used to getting his way!

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

3. NO. They are staying PG as long as they can. PG got them all those business deals and Saturday Morning Slam. Unless business plummets and they feel that they have to change (or something happens to where Vince isn't in charge of these things), they'll probably keep that direction. And people aren't going to start watching again just because they change the rating. I'd rather them do compelling angles in a PG setting than garbage in a higher rating. Going to TV-MA would be suicidal. And it's tough to say exactly what will make ratings go back up since they've been mostly unsuccessful at it!

4. Yes. I really wish the "turn Cena heel" talk would die down. It's not like all of his detractors would rush out and buy a bunch of Cena merch when he turned heel. They'd be throwing money down the drain. Why ruin someone the target audience still loves?

5. You know, I wouldn't rule it out. They do want to keep the money that video games bring them. "We'll make our own games. I'm Vince McMahon, damnit!" But it's not like they didn't know THQ was in trouble before. It will be interesting to see what happens in future years.

More wrestling tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment