Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Interviews with Punk/Tyson/Jeff Hardy, Raw viewership, Smackdown dark match, and Questions on The Shield, the WWE Tag Team Titles, and 1/3/13

C.M. Punk was on the Nerdist podcast.

Mike Tyson talked WWE and more. I was fine with Mayweather vs. Show since it took brass knuckles to beat Show.

Jeff Hardy talked. Hopefully in 5 years we're talking about how Hardy elevated people like Taker elevated him.

Raw brought in 4.23 million viewers, the highest benchmark since August. Hopefully that's because TLC had them interested in new faces on the card.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Before Smackdown, Alex Riley defeated Michael McGillicutty. Two talented guys that I hope WWE can come up with something for creatively down the line.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
Nothing to add to 1.

2. WWE must feel that they're ready to hang with top names right out of the gate. I was impressed with them at TLC at any rate.

3. Dave is apparently watching a different product than I am. The company I'm watching has a solid crop of tag teams and just had a Tables match to declare #1 Contenders, not to mention a Fatal 4 Way Elimination match last month with a similar stipulation. My guess is that WWE wasn't ready to put the tag titles on The Shield.

Nothing to add to 4.

5. I like that it's somewhat up in the air for us. While I accept the importance of Sting and Jarrett to the industry, I think Abyss would get a nice rub from it being him. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment