Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Smackdown Reax - 12/28/12

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I didn't like the opening segment. I didn't like the "burial" of the locker room by Show and Booker not doing much to counter his claim. I like Santino and think he's an underrated wrestler, but a World Title match? Feels a little silly.

Brodus feels like wasted potential. He's got to have more than we're seeing in these squash matches.

Ok post-match. It looks like we're in for a light-hearted night. Which, yes, means faces winning. I'm guessing they figure tonight is a throw-away show since ratings are generally down for the holiday season.

I didn't like the Sheamus/Santino segment. I'm generally not a fan of WWE's comedy efforts.

Good 6-man tag match. I liked the ending. Kofi has an out to lose since he was distracted by Rhodes.

Hopefully that means we're done with Santino comedy segments tonight. I guess I'm ok with Sheamus getting another shot. It's time to move on after this one, though.

There wasn't a better use of time than Show KOing Ricardo?

Cesaro looked impressive as always. I'm hoping for a big 2013 for him. Ryder was good as the underdog face as he usually is.

Ziggler vs. Miz was pretty solid. Two guys who are hopefully the future of WWE. They're putting on better work than Cena and Show for sure.

Cool post-match. Big E is super impressive so far.

Maddox is pretty spot on as the annoying wannabe star. I hope he gets a contract. As for Del Rio, I hope they set up for him getting a shot at the Rumble.

Right decision on Sheamus vs. Maddox, but the kid's got a contract at some point. Otherwise there's not much of a point to this. Do we really need another guy on the roster who just loses all the time?

Decent tag match. Could have gone longer if we didn't have that Raw Rebound. It's kind of a shame that there are some good tag teams kind of stuck in the shuffle right now. Either way, both teams were kept in about the same place with that ending. Usos got the win, but PTP can say it was tainted. When the seemingly inevitable breakups of Kane/Bryan, Rey/Cara, and Rhodes/Sandow happen, these guys can get the spotlight again.

Good Shield promo. I enjoy the different presentation.

As much as I dislike Show's wrestling, he got some pretty good heat from the crowd. Few get that much heat. I guess we're setting up for Show vs. Del Rio vs. Sheamus? That would be interesting.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment