Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Main Event Reax - 12/26/12, NAO update, Austin evaluates curent roster, and Questions on Naomi, the WWE App, Sin Cara, Show, and the champ coming out last

Main Event:
I love a good battle royal. It's cool that 20 men want a shot at the U.S. Title.

Oh boy. There's going to be a lot of complaining about that result. Khali's by no means a "5-star" match worker, but it made sense for the big guy to win and it could lead to a big moment for Cesaro beating the former World Heavyweight Champion (and possibly lifting him for the Neutralizer).

I liked the post-match. As long as next week we're talking about Cesaro beating Khali it's ok that we're talking about Khali winning this week.

Khali's not exactly a good talker. That was about the best they could have done with him in an interview setting.

Ok promo by 3MB. Not an act I see going too far.

Good little tag match. It didn't really accomplish much, but it was a fine match. And yes, I noticed the faces won. I don't really mind since the match itself had good work.



The New Age Outlaws are replacing Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara on the upcoming live event loop, facing Team Rhodes Scholars. As cool of a bonus as that is, what does it say about their faith in, say, The Usos, Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel?

WWE.com put up an part two of an interview with Stone Cold Steve Austin. What made this interview stand out to me was that, in addition to saying that John Cena could hang in the Attitude Era, he insinuated that he's not being challenged by the current roster. I think he's got some good heels to work with (Punk, Ziggler, Show) but a lot of times he resorts to really silly stuff on the mic.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Naomi's always impressed me in the ring. I hope she impressed WWE, too. I think she'll just go back to dancing but there's always the possibility that they have her wrestle more.

2. I guess they were going for the less tech-savvy audience. It definitely seemed excessive to me, too.

3. Sin Cara was a HUGE star in Mexico, and WWE wants to try to capture that magic. I think he's come a long way since his debut and will hopefully only get better from here if his knee doesn't bother him too much.

Not much to add to 4. They pretty much nailed it.

5. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. Heck, I probably wouldn't even pay that much attention to it if it wasn't pointed out. There are bigger problems with wrestling in 2012 than that.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment