Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 8, 2012

WWE Superstars and Smackdown Reax - 12/7/12

Read on for my take on the 12/7 Superstars and Smackdown.
Superstars:
Poor Zack Ryder... I guess Tensai needed a win to retain some momentum from the recent televised losses, but it's kind of heartbreaking for someone who the fans got behind so much as Ryder to be used like that.

CRAZY match between Clay and Otunga. I have no clue what was going on there. I'm still hesitant to say Otunga's being buried, but this did make me consider the theory.

Smackdown:
Not a bad contract signing. It got a little silly in places, but ultimately built to TLC. Heated rivals Show and Sheamus care so much about the World Championship that they'll hold off on beating each other up. Smart.

I knew Big Show was probably going to win, but Bryan got a pretty good showing out of it. Looking long-term (say, 5 years from now), Bryan will probably be a pretty established main eventer while Big Show will be in the Kane or Taker position. The day for guys like Bryan to shine is coming, but WWE's going to get the most of the Khalis and Shows while they're here.

The Shield got some good heat on Hell No. Kane is one of the most credible people on the roster due to his long record of main events and big PPV matches. Shield taking him out means a good deal.

Sandow vs. Miz works for me. I hope there's an endgame to questioning thefans.

I'm starting to join the 3MBandwagon. Good stuff. Glad Clay was somewhat protected (it took two guys to take him out). I hope his stock doesn't fall too much.

Good promo by Barrett.

I don't really like Orton beating Barrett, but at least they can pin it on Kofi's interference. WWE needs to really pay attention to those 2 Wellness strikes. One more strike and he's gone for an entire year.

All the great talent that's stuck on internet-only shows (PPV previews, NXT, and Superstars) and they're putting Khali and Hornswoggle on TV? Sports-entertainment wins again. Ugh. Why not Kidd and Gabriel or Marella and Ryder?

Pretty awesome video package with The Shield. I hope they get a big showing next Sunday.

Cesaro/Truth was pretty awesome for a midcard feud. I hope Cesaro's a long-term prospect for WWE.

Del Rio and Sheamus should be two guys WWE focuses on as the stars of 2013. Both guys have "it" and veteran instincts in the ring. Their match was good.

Clever post-match with Sheamus and Show. I hope Sheamus is positioned strong in the months to come.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment