Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Raw Reax - 12/17/12

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
I don't like Rey beating Sandow clean after the big tables match last night. Kind of halts Rhodes Scholars' momentum. If Rey fails a Wellness test, he can't compete again for a year. He should be booked like every night might be the last time we see him for a year. Sandow and Rhodes should have been standing tall.

So-so first Slammys segment.

Eve vs. Kaitlyn was fine for how much time it got. I look forward to another round.

I love the New Age Outlaws. It was cool seeing them.

Can't argue with Lawler winning.

Good win for Kofi. I wish it would have gotten more time, but whatever.

Fine attack by Barrett. Glad they're continuing the feud as they match up pretty well.

I guess that's about the best we're going to get on Slammys night from an explanation standpoint from AJ. I imagine we'll get Cena later on.

Khali vs. Otunga was pretty clunky. I know Khali's not a 5-star match worker, but it takes two to tango and Otunga looked out of his element.

I loved Punk and Flair. Cena was typically lame and I'm glad the crowd booed him. It wouldn't hurt for him to have a fresher character.

Flair vs. Punk and Heyman was amazing. Some of the all-time best characters in the ring at one time.

The Shield wins on Sunday, then gets run off on Monday. That just killed some of their momentum from the PPV. Good segment, but perhaps not what they should be doing as far as establishing The Shield as main event threats.

Sheesh. Not a pretty match from Brodus. I hope he's working longer matches on live events. He could use some seasoning.

The "lol" segment was TERRIBLE. WWE should stay away from a lot of this comedy stuff.

Why'd they have Sin Cara lose but not Rey? It should have been the other way around if anything. Fine match, though.

Ryder/Layla was kind of awkward. It's a shame they've dropped the ball on Ryder.

I enjoyed seeing Sheamus get revenge on Show. It's a shame that they had to have Cena get heat back on Ziggler instead of Ziggler keeping momentum from what could have been the biggest win of his career. Hopefully they don't "undo" Ziggler's win by having Cena beat him.

Dolph and Vickie were good in their segment. Usually are. I'll be very interested to see where both go from here. Hopefully Ziggler's going towards a World Title run.

Pretty good 6-man. I'm ok with Dreamer getting the W in Philly.

Sheamus/Ryback was so-so. Ryback's not exactly known for his promos.

Ryback vs. Cesaro was ok. Glad Cesaro wasn't a victim.

HHH looks so different with short hair. I'm actually kind of indifferent to seeing Taker again. His best days are behind him. But, there's a lot of demand for it so I guess I can accept it.

Dreamer's appearance being used to put over The Shield is the right move, since he's probably not sticking around.

Good AJ promo. I kind of like that we don't have all the answers in Week 1.

Nice ending to the show! I popped for Big E taking out Cena. New talent at the top of the card, ahoy!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment