Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Superstars and Smackdown Reax - 12/14/12

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Smackdown.
Superstars:
I'm almost always impressed with WWE's undercard. Everyone looked good in this tag match. I hope all four young men have solid futures.

Brodus showed more in that match than I've seen from him in a while. McGillicutty continues to grow on me. I wonder what this match means for him, given that he's a face in NXT and apparently doing well for himself.

Smackdown:
Show vs Truth wasn't bad at all. I'm fine with how it went down.

Clever post-match. I'd be down with a Sheamus/Cesaro program down the line. They'd just have to be careful how they booked it. I just think it was backwards that JBL defended the babyface.

Pretty much what I expected from Booker and Show. Two former WCW Champions, interestingly enough.

Pretty good talking from Rhodes and Sandow. I expected nothing less.

Nice tag match. Hopefully Rhodes Scholars gain momentum after Sunday.

I liked the Otunga/Show segment. A logical follow-through with the contract stipulation.

Show looked kind of weak in that segment. I liked everything else, but that was kind of a downer ending. No, I don't think Otunga eating a Brogue Kick means WWE is burying him.

Well there's your explanation for Orton's injury! Hopefully Orton doesn't "New Nexus" The Shield.

Kaitlyn vs. Aksana wasn't bad. It would have been better if the announcers would have focused on it.

Miz TV was really good. Everyone cut good promos. Hopefully the Shield gets their heat back on Sunday.

I liked the 8-man tag for the most part. I just hope the other teams don't have to play second fiddle to Khali and Hornswoggle for long.

Kofi vs. Del Rio was pretty good. I think it elevated Kofi to get the win. Del Rio should be ok if he rebounds.

Post-match was ok. It'll be interesting to see who walks out with the IC Title.

WWE puts together some awesome video packages. I hope they make the right decision on Sunday between Cena and Ziggler.

Sheamus vs. Cesaro was physical. Both guys are in great shape and have a lot of experience. It's good to see them get main event spots. The ending was great, too: Sheamus and Big Show didn't touch each other, and Cesaro didn't eat a clean loss. Sheamus has an excuse to have lost by count-out.

More wrestling coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment