Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 13, 2012

WWE Main Event Reax - 12/12/12, TTTT injuries, Rock update, Where's WM30?, Interviews with Eve/AJ Styles/Angle/Show/Bagwell/Mikey/Roberts, Angle update, and Questions on Hornswoggle, Bully Ray, Percy Watson, Maddox, and WWE raiding TNA

Main Event:
Nice opening video on Ryback and The Shield.

Fun segment with Ricardo and a good video package following.

Ryback was very impressive in a longer match. Del Rio was on top of his game as always.

Good post-match promo by Ryback. His character doesn't need long, wordy promos to get his point across.

Kind of a silly tag team segment, but I can live with it.

Pretty good handicap match.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Randy Orton had some sort of injury to his wrist coming out of Tribute To The Troops. He could be taking time off.

Kane also appears to have tweaked his knee, but it expected to continue working.

WWE is re-examining its Divas division, looking at how to use its performers (possibly as love interests, authority figures, dancers, etc.). I'd like to see them as wrestlers with storylines, though being GM and/or a love interest/manager is fine, too.

The Rock will be appearing fairly regularly in WrestleMania season (starting around the time of the Rumble). WWE's got to love that news.

Lita, Colt Cabana, and Justin Credible were backstage at various WWE tapings this week. Just visiting.

WrestleMania 30 could be in New Orleans. Fine by me.

Eve gave self-defense tips to Cosmopolitan.

AJ Styles talked about his style, a book, and more.

Kurt Angle talked WWE and TNA. Interesting comments.

Big Show had two interviews: The first was about slowing down, Sheamus, and new stars. The second was about WWE vs. MMA.

Buff Bagwell talked. Crazy stuff. They're really thinking of bringing in Bagwell to TNA!? He's almost 43! I guess if he can go and add to the product, it could work, but it's not a long-term solution.

Kurt Angle is expected to be back soon.

Mike Mondo talked about his time as Mikey in the Spirit Squad and more.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts talked about his newfound sobriety and more. Good to hear.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Vince likes the character and they've done a lot with it. That about sums up why he's around.

2. I'm enjoying it, though I also kind of wonder why they turned him (other than the fact that he can work against Aries and Roode).

3. I like PTP as it is, but I also like Percy Watson. I wonder how he'd work as a heel? Maybe down the line if one of them goes face he can team with them. Otherwise I think I'd team him with Alex Riley since they had some chemistry on NXT: Redemption.

4. I can see it. He has the same "I wish someone would punch this guy in the face" quality, too. I'm really liking his character.

5. I do think it would be beneficial for WWE to sign away some of TNA's stars if the opportunity arises. They are pushing some former ROH names, for what that's worth (and a likely future call-up in NXT). I think they can push new, homegrown talent well if they stay committed to being behind them long-term, though some of that it up to talents' performances.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment