Total Pageviews

Friday, March 15, 2013

Impact Wrestling thoughts - 3/14/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

Pretty cool opening segment. I'm fully behind the decision to have Bully as the mastermind now. There are some logic holes, but he's got the goods from both an in-ring and mic perspective to be the top heel.

Fine backstage segment to continue the Knockouts angle. Certainly we're headed for Taryn vs. Gail? I'm curious to see how the former Tiffany will fare.

I liked the Knockouts tag match. Again, we're definitely building to Gail vs. Taryn. That's fine and all, but who's going to challenge for the Knockouts' Title?

Pretty good Aces and Eights segment. I love heel Bully Ray.

GUESS WHAT, BROTHER? THE HULKSTER'S NOT GOING TO FIRE BULLY RAY, DUDE. HE'S GOING TO BEAT HIM FOR THE TITLE AT SLAMMIVERSARY, JACK, AND TAKE WRESTLING INTO THE FUTURE. My rage level will be over 9000 if that happens.

Fine Robbie E promo to set up their rematch.

Rob Terry is officially TNA's Ryback. Not that that's a bad thing in of itself. I just wonder where they go with him from here and how much he can bring to the table.

Terry's definitely physically impressive. I'll give him that.

It's still weird to see Sting and Hogan together given their on-screen history.

Another good Aces and Eights segment. I'm glad the angle's continuing.

Hopefully they're not setting up for Hogan vs. Sting there. Talk about a match that's past its expiration date.

Pretty fun Aries/Roode/Sting segment. I'm going to be kind of pissed if he goes over Aries clean for the nostalgia pop.

Mostly funny Daniels and Kazarian segment. They're growing on me.

I liked Storm vs. Daniels ok. I think Storm has legs as a top babyface act. Daniels and Kazarian are kind of stuck in the same place.

Interesting segment with Styles. He's definitely more interesting now than he ever was as the white-bread "Phenomenal" babyface.

I'm not going to be shocked if Angle comes back and levels Aces and Eights. They made Brisco look pretty weak on Sunday.

I liked the Park/Morgan segment. Good set up for next week. I think it's clear who should go over there. A loss to a "rookie" would be damaging to the Blueprint.

Another good Aces and Eights segment.

That was close. I am glad Aries kicked out of the Deathdrop, but I wasn't crazy about him almost tapping out. Glad they protected him with the ending, and to their credit he did get some good offense in.

Aces and Eights just looked pretty strong. I'm impressed. As long as this isn't all leading to Bully vs. Hogan at Slammiversary, things are looking good.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment