Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Saturday Morning Slam Reax - 3/9/13, Interview with Daniels/Miz, new WWE signings, likely new Mania match, and Questions on not having Divas on Raw, WWE's music packages, and the VP of Aces and Eights

Saturday Morning Slam:
I liked the opening segment to set up AJ vs. Natalya. I wish they had more stuff like that on some of the other shows so it's not just "oh, hey, here's a match." If someone hadn't seen WWE/SMS recently (or ever), they were brought right into the storyline. Smart.

AJ vs. Natalya was rather impressive. Both Divas have "it" inside and outside of the ring. I hope WWE realizes that.

Nice post-match.

I wasn't crazy about them showing the package on previous GMs, since it sets high expectations for who will run the show that they might not be able to deliver on.

I really liked the Bryan/Barrett segment.

Bryan vs. Barrett was pretty good. They match up well.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Christopher Daniels talked again ahead of Lockdown. I like his idea that a heel should believe in his or her heart that they're the ones doing the right thing.

Ireland's No Limit Wrestling has announced that OMEN (Joey Cabray) and Rachelle St. Claire (Rachel Walker) have been signed to WWE deals. I wish both of them the best in the long journey to becoming a WWE superstar.

The Miz talked about "The Marine 3" again. As always, he came across as a good face for the company.

Ryback vs. Mark Henry is pretty much a lock for WrestleMania. A clean win for Ryback would be pretty big.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. The Divas' division isn't exactly a top priority for the company, so I can't really say I'm surprised. They've got other acts they're focusing on going into Mania.

2. Apparently it's that simple. I don't see why they wouldn't put such a recognizable star on such a big show!

Nothing to add to 3.

4. I see this complaint as well. To me, it's not just the style of music but the message it sends. There's a big difference between Mark Henry's theme music and some of the softer stuff they put in their video packages. I think they should pick songs about kicking ass, etc. since they're selling wrestling matches.

Nothing to add to 5, other than to note that Angle's lookin' at the real deal now.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment