Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Main Event Reax - 3/27/13, Flair press release, appear on Raw, WWE seeking new writer, another WWE sellout, Interviews with Show/Ryback/Rock/Punk/Heyman, new Mania match, former X-Division Champion signs new deal, more WWE charity, Generico update, and Questions on TNA PPVs, TNA guys leaving for WWE, and HHH vs. Brock

Main Event:
Pretty weird stuff from Cesaro. Did he piss someone off? He could easily have attacked Hershey's chocolate for obesity.

Cesaro had a pretty good showing against Kane, all things considered. Normally I think I might have had Cesaro get the upset BUT since he's not on the Mania card and Kane is, I see why they did what they did.

Not a bad Sheamus promo, given some of his other work.

I still feel bad for Tensai for being stuck in this gimmick. Sheesh.

Not a bad Divas' match. I think Kaitlyn, Natalya, Tamina, Layla, or AJ could have done better, but that was fine for what it was.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Ric Flair's agent issued a statement which conflicted with previously reported facts on his client's case. Flair could be around for Mania week events, which would be nice.


WWE is auctioning off a cameo role for a future episode of Raw as part of the Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund.

WWE is looking for a writer to target Hispanic audiences. I wonder if John Cena's cousin Juan is available? Seriously, though, that's cool of them and smart business.

The Raw after WM29 has sold out, though more tickets will be released as production comes closer. That's great!

Ric Flair's situation got press in Charlotte.

Big Show discussed his college basketball career and whatever he does in his current career.  Seriously, it was mostly about basketball. And the New York fans don't chant "you 'messed' up". They're a little more profane. At any rate, WWE should be upset that they barely mentioned Mania.

Ryback also talked ahead of WrestleMania. That's some amazing work ethic. He's come a long way from Tough Enough. And of course I have to point out that while it might be a culmination of a year's work for some people on the roster, some guys get to show up just for Mania season.

The Rock talked about WrestleMania on "Live with Kelly and Michael". I remember when that show was "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee"! At any rate, I'm glad WWE's getting mainstream publicity.


"Tons of Funk" (Brodus Clay and Tensai), and the Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins has been set for WrestleMania. Still no U.S. Title match, and this is getting precedent over the Divas' Title. Priorities... I don't have any issue with the match being made. It just makes more sense on paper as a pre-show match with Cesaro vs. Kingston (or something similar) belonging on the main show. However, WWE has an angle with those eight and they've been given TV time so I understand their decision.

C.M. Punk talked to Mark Madden about WrestleMania. Blunt as always. I'm believing the whole "Madden's working a gimmick" thing as an abrasive guy. Anyway, good listen. The wrestling world needs more guys like Punk.  He did change his character as a heel. He didn't go after the fans as a face. I like the Punk/Heyman dynamic. Heyman doesn't overshadow him. As for ice cream bars, in past interviews he's said that he's lobbied for them behind-the-scenes. I think he was legitimate in wanting change. I don't see it taking too much away from things if you know the ending IF the "getting there" is good. It does have an effect, but it's not a killer. And I definitely see his frustration about part-timers. I don't think they're necessarily phoning it in, but working all year is a whole different beast from what they do. That said, the WWE Universe still gives good reactions to the part-timers and they can be used effectively.

Robbie E has signed a 1-year contract with TNA. I find him entertaining and he's good for getting others over, so I'm totally ok with this.

WWE is teaming with the Special Olympics. Always good to hear.

Paul Heyman was interviewed. Twice. It's always a treat to hear from him. I like how he's promoting his clients.

The former El Generico worked a recent NXT event, defeating Mojo Rawley. He's not up on the NXT website yet, so maybe they're still figuring out what his gimmick and name will be. I know some people are upset that he's not working in the mask.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Maybe they were trying to fit current storylines where Roode and Storm hate each other? I think they could have worked out being a team to feed each of their egos. And I can see why they'd want an Aces and 8s team, but you're right that they're not their own country. Weird...

2. Jeff Hardy's staying with TNA was tied a lot to his music career. He'd probably be used well in WWE. They have done a good job of keeping people who became free agents. I'll give them that.

3. When I first heard it, I totally thought "oh, this is how he's going to move into an office role". I agree that an "I Quit" match would make more sense given Lesnar's Kimura.

Nothing to add to 4 or 5.

More wrestling tomorrow and a Blue Echo podcast up later in the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment