Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Smackdown Reax - 3/22/13

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

I like when there's an opening video to catch people up on on what's going on.

I mostly liked Miz TV since it set up tonight's main event and added to the PPV storyline.

Sometimes I think the clock's ticking for when we see "Jack Snyder" in TNA teaming with Robbie E. Robbie Z? But yeah, you can definitely make the argument that Henry's domination supersedes Ryder.

Fine post-match, other than Ryder being a sacrificial lamb (which is understandable to push the Ryback/Henry angle). I hope we're in for an all out war between the two powerhouses. Ryback going over after a big feud would be pretty big for him.

Booker vs. Teddy? Don't know if want. Though heel Teddy would be something fresh and interesting (yes, I remember Teddy as a heel during the Rodney Mack angle. That was almost a decade ago.)

From my calculations (looking at Cagematch.de), Dolph and Kofi have faced off one-on-one on WWE TV 24 times.

They always put on a good match, but there's such thing as "scorching the earth".

Anyway, it made sense for Kofi to get FIVED by Langston to show the dominance of Biggler (Zig E?) going into Mania. After Mania, they've really got some rebuilding to do with guys like Kofi.

At least Fandango's getting to work with Chris Jericho, though I don't see that ending well for him.What good does it do Jericho to beat him? Jericho's already had a Hall of Fame-level career. Not that I think Fandango should go over clean (especially not in his first match), but I hope it goes better than his first Smackdown match as Johnny Curtis (vs. Mark Henry).

I'm liking the tension with the anti-Shield. I'm a bit worried that The Shield will take their first pinfall loss at Mania.

I liked the Swagger/Colter segment, though I would have liked it even more if they gloated about Ricardo's condition instead of seeing it as "unfortunate". Be evil!

That was... interesting. Glad Swagger didn't lose, but I'm perplexed by the elevation of Fandango.

Fandango's got people talking at least. I think he has the potential to be impressive, but things are going to have to line up pretty perfectly.

Fine Rhodes Scholars promo.

I'm fine with the "throwing the match out" ending when it gets chaotic. Maybe there's an end game to pushing Clay and Tensai after all. They just need to be careful with Rhodes and Sandow, two guys I can easily see as main eventers down the line.

Fine Sheamus/Orton segment.

Are you serious!? Cesaro shouldn't be jobbing to ANYONE in that amount of time, especially someone he's successfully held off in longer matches in the past. This is another case of "imagine it's someone's first time watching" - that fan now sees Cesaro as a jobber. If the U.S. Champ can tap out in under 3 minutes, the division must be full of weaklings or he's a fluke.

"The Call"'s actually doing pretty well for a WWE Films project, all thanks to David Otunga Halle Berry and WWE's new distribution model.

I think they should have taken the time given to the HHH vs. Lesnar video and given it to Cesaro vs. Miz. When HHH and Lesnar aren't around, WWE's going to need Cesaro and Miz to be important enough for people to tune in to see.

3MB are in the main event! Building new stars! But yeah, the hype train continues for Mania and that means keeping the people on the card that day strong.

I liked the post-match. This is definitely one of the better built matches at Mania.

More wrestling coming up, including (believe it or not) a Blue Echo podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment