Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Rock absent on Road to Mania, Interviews with Flair/Otunga/Dixie/Goldust/Bully Ray/Kazarian/Leavine, new Lockdown matches, Impact audience, what happened after Impact, Hall update, and Questions on PWInsider vs. TNA, Fandango, and One Night Only PPVs

The Rock is not scheduled to be back on Raw until 13 days before WrestleMania. Thankfully, WWE has HHH, Taker, and Lesnar to kind of fill the gap. That said, he's a big piece of the puzzle and it would be great to have him.

Ric Flair talked about his 1995 trip to North Korea, which hopefully dissuades anyone from visiting there.

TNA posted a video thanking their Orlando fans.

David Otunga appeared on the Adam Carolla podcast. That's good. If he wasn't doing things like that, his value with WWE would be even lower.

At Lockdown, Kenny King will defend the X-Division Championship in a Triple Threat against Zema Ion and Christian York. Where the heck is RVD!?

Also at the show, Joseph Park will face Joey Ryan. Another match I don't see changing buyrates or interest by much. I hope they make the most of their PPV opportunity since it's in front of such a big crowd.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Here's another excerpt from Dixie Carter's interview, talking about the distinction between "TNA" and "Impact Wrestling", which was kind of hard to follow in the early days. I think an additional show would be helpful for them to flesh some angles out.

Goldust talked about Cody Rhodes and more. I'm also curious at the booking of his half-brother. I wouldn't be 100% against the two of them facing off at a future WrestleMania IF Goldust is in good shape mentally and physically and Cody goes over. They'd have to be careful booking Goldust against the current stars. As for why that should be at a future WrestleMania, it looks like we might be in for Cody vs. Sandow this year. I wouldn't want Sandow to miss out on a Mania payday. I respect Goldust's accomplishments, but I'd like them to shine the light on the bright up-and-comer.

Bully Ray was interviewed before TNA Lockdown. I think he and Hardy can put on a pretty good match tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if they can "turn back the clock" to their glory days.

Kazarian also set the stage for Lockdown in an interview. I think he came across pretty well.

Andy Leavine talked a bit about his wrestling work in an interview about getting back into football. I don't necessarily think he was being held back. There were clearly prospects who had more going for them, be it experience or personality. He's still young, so there's still time for him to break out as a wrestler, but for now it doesn't look like he's anywhere close to a WWE or TNA ring.

Impact got 1.43 million viewers. Not bad. It will be interesting to see if more people start tuning in when they go on the road full-time.

Here's what happened after Impact ended. I'm pretty interested in tomorrow's main event.

Diamond Dallas Page has set up a website to help pay for surgeries for Scott Hall. I really want to see Hall get better.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I can buy that explanation, since at times they've said that they prefer Impact to Raw. I don't think there's any kind of mandate to take shots at TNA.

Nothing to add to 2, other than me having a special place in my heart for the Sub Zero-inspired gimmick.

3. I think it'd be kind of funny if they made a reference to the "other" Fandango, but it wouldn't really make any sense.

Nothing to really add to 4. I suspect that the only way they'll change anything is if someone does something unforgivable.

Nothing to add to 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment