Total Pageviews

Friday, March 22, 2013

Superstars and Impact Wrestling Reax - 3/21/13

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and Impact Wrestling.

Superstars:
Here's another case of WWE's poor positioning. The United States Champion is appearing in a match on a secondary show with no advanced hype. When The Undertaker or The Rock compete, you better believe it will get plenty of promotion beforehand. I'm not saying that Cesaro should be positioned at the same level as two future Hall of Famers, but what does his positioning say about how important WWE thinks he is (and perhaps by extension the U.S. Title)? Anyway, good match. Cesaro is incredibly smooth in the ring. I almost get Kurt Angle vibes from him. Ryder's always a dependable player, too.

Brooklyn Brawler should pass the torch to JTG as this generation's top jobber. I don't think you can get much further down the card than him. I'd love to see his win/loss percentage since Cryme Tyme split. The match itself didn't really do anything. JTG stays at the bottom of the heap, Brodus and Tensai stay as the mid-level tag team (what does it mean to beat two guys who lose so much?), and McGillicutty remains on something of an island. I wonder if they're punishing him for the tweet about not being on Raw or Smackdown. Of the four men in the match, I think he's the most underutilized. Talented guy. With so many 2nd/3rd-generation stars not doing anything, maybe they should do a feud on the B-shows (C-shows?) between two factions involving Bo Dallas, Camacho, Epico, The Usos, McGillicutty, Primo, and DiBiase. I'd keep Rhodes, Orton, and Reigns out of it since they're already doing fairly important things.

Impact Wrestling:
I liked the opening video. Bully Ray's heel work is reason enough to follow TNA.

That's generally how I think Hogan (or any other authority figure) should be used: setting up the active wrestlers competing.

I like the explanations for Ray's actions so far.

Nice tag match to keep things moving along in the tag title feud.

I liked the post-match as well.

Good promo by King. I'm glad TNA picked him up.

Pretty good X-Division match for the time it had.

I liked that Brooke is refusing to talk about Bully. It's understandable that she'd be torn up about the situation.

I guess Ray's turn makes sense now. Of course he'd have to take some ass-kickings and losses for it to be believable. Someone might notice something was afoot if they didn't target him.

54-year-old Sting and 59-year-old Hogan are looking for revenge on 41-year-old Bully Ray. TNA is the future of wrestling! Approximately how many times can we get angles involving heat between Sting and Hogan?

I liked the Taryn/Gail segment. I hope Taryn's going to be a good addition to the division. More good stuff between Brooke and Bully, primarily due to Bully.

Fine explanation by Ray.

Good Angle promo.

Very glad that Morgan got a notable win over Joseph Park. If someone as big and tough as Morgan can't beat someone with so little experience (in kayfabe), we've got a problem.

Good Hardy promo, too. I like that the main event is important.

I really liked the AJ Styles segment. It keeps intrigue for future weeks.

More good stuff from Bully. Definitely the best part of TNA right now.

I mostly liked the main event. A little disappointed that Hardy went over Joe, but it makes sense to do Hardy vs. Ray again. Hopefully Joe's day will come (and so will Magnus').

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment