Total Pageviews

Monday, March 18, 2013

New WWE signing, special guests work TNA, Knockout pregnant, and Questions on ratings, catchphrases, Hogan vs. Bully Ray, WWE's secondary shows, and Mania

WWE has signed Australia's Matt Silva to an NXT deal. Haitch's reach is worldwide, apparently. I can't find much info on him, though his home promotion of MCW has some info and pictures. As always, I hope he makes the company a lot of money.

Jillian Hall, Jackie Moore (Jacqueline), and Alissa Flash (Cheerleader Melissa/Raisha Saeed) all worked TNA's Knockouts PPV. I'd like to see Alissa full-time in either major promotion. She clearly has the veteran instincts needed to be a force in either division.

Madison Rayne is pregnant, so don't expect her in the ring anytime soon. Not that they were using her all that much anyway. For some reason some fans are really high on her work.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Also working the special "One Night Only" PPVs for TNA were Sonjay Dutt, Homicide, Petey Williams, Chase Stevens, Cassidy Riley, Johnny Swinger, Shark Boy, and Johnny Devine. Sonjay Dutt and Homicide would be good pick-ups for the X-Division. The rest I was never super-impressed with, though I loved Shark Boy's ridiculous Stone Cold gimmick. It should be noted that Chase Stevens worked Gut Check some time back.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Yep. Ratings are kind of funky and could use an updating.

2.

 
Great, now I has a sad. I guess I have more Bearer memories than Savage memories for what that's worth. I'm not going to fault either choice.
 
3. He's the most ready superstar on the roster, brother! He bodyslammed the 918-ton Andre The Giant in front of 26 trillion Hulkamaniacs at WrestleMania III, singlehandedly put WCW over WWF in the Monday Night Wars, etc.. I don't know why people are so down on him and say he hogs the spotlight. He put over Billy Kidman THREE times. Blah blah blah, you get the idea. It wouldn't shock me in the slightest if they did Hogan vs. Ray for the title on either Impact or PPV. I'd only be slightly shocked if they put the title on Hogan to take TNA to the next level, jack. I predict he'll lobby to work with Ray since Ray's the top heel and Brooke's involved. Then he'll say he hurts too much to do a bunch of bumps/put Ray over, so how about he just drops the leg and gives the fans what they want? And of course, he should get a bunch of money in the process.
 
4. WWE? Falling back into the status quo? Surely you jest. They refuse to get behind their secondary shows (beyond Smackdown). It'd be different if this had only happened once or twice, but they've done it with ECW, Superstars, and NXT in the past (and present). 

5. It hasn't been as good as builds of past years and it's clear that there are some people they're still finding out roles for (three weeks from the biggest show of the year!). The Undertaker situation caused a shake-up in the top matches, so that's part of the problem.

More wrestling tomorrow and a Blue Echo podcast will be up later in the day!

4 comments:

  1. Matt Silva eh? Well we'll see what becomes of him, every dog has their day.
    First time I've heard of these "One Night Only PPV's"
    Congrats to Madison Rayne, I don't watch TNA much so I couldn't comment on your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, I finally worked out how to comment - sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's got a long road ahead of him, like anyone just getting started at NXT. It might be months before he even ends up on their TV show (which I've heard is really worth checking out - under-utilized members of the current roster plus up-and-comers. I've read results and it sounds pretty well put together.)

    I can't really think of anything to compare the One Night Only PPVs to - it's basically just filling air slots that they have internationally. They have special themes and special appearances (X-Division PPV, Knockouts PPV, etc). None of it has any bearing on the TV show.

    And I always appreciate comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Aha no doubt about it =, there are often gems of matches on NXT and Superstars.

      I see...I guess they can just be called house shows in pay-per-view format, it's interesting I'll give 'em that.

      Ah no problem, keep the news comin'!

      Delete