Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What happened after Raw, Interviews with Miz/Roberts/SoCal Val/Robbie E/Graham, more NAO, A's player loves WWE, Gut Checker profiled, Raw audience, Mysterio update, Paul Bearer passes away, and Questions on grammar, Swagger, Molly Holly, and Joe-WWE

Big Show came to the ring after Raw (once Punk and Taker had left). The Shield attacked him. Then Cena, Sheamus, and Ryback defeated The Shield to send the fans home happy. I'm not crazy about the idea that the faces always stand tall at the end of a taping/live event, etc.. I think the goal should be to get them to tune in in future weeks to see the heels get their comeuppance.

The Miz was interviewed three times to promote "The Marine: Homefront". Interview 1 Interview 2 Interview 3 I think he handled himself pretty well. Hard worker who loves the company.

The New Age Outlaws will return next week on Raw to face Team Rhodes Scholars. Cool. I'm ok with them beating Primo and Epico if it means Rhodes and Sandow get elevated. It would be a shame for them to lose to two nostalgia acts. The NAO are one of my favorite teams of all time, and I enjoy seeing them, but I'd like to see the torch passed.

Oakland Athletics player Josh Reddick talked about wrestling. Very cool that he's into it.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Here's more from Jake "The Snake" Roberts' powerful interview.

SoCal Val was interviewed ahead of a TNA live event.

Sam Shaw's TNA signing was covered. Not really much to say there.

Robbie E was interviewed ahead of Lockdown. Pretty entertaining stuff.

"Superstar" Billy Graham is back on his "take me out of the Hall of Fame" rant. He has a point that WWE shouldn't be rewarding the kind of thing Abdullah did given what it led to. That said, Abdullah's a legend and you can't really "tell the story of wrestling" without him. As for Graham, WWE should keep him in the Hall. He belongs there. It's WWE's hall and it should be up to them whether he stays.

Raw jumped to 5.02 million viewers, likely due to the Old School theme and Taker's return. It's clear that a lot of people are still fans of the Deadman.

Rey Mysterio doesn't need surgery, but is wearing a brace on his foot. I hope he can hold together for a while longer.

I'm sad to report that the legendary Paul Bearer has passed away. There are no further details at this time. He had pulled out of a number of indie commitments due to not feeling well. PWInsider.com has a recap of his career. He will really be missed. I always enjoyed his work.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Things like spelling and grammar aren't exactly at a premium these days. I'd be shocked if some of the people who make that mistake are aware that that's not how you use apostrophes.

2. I've never heard the astronaut theory. There are clearly some crazy rumors out there.

Nothing to add to 3.

4. I can see this getting out of hand! Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's one person who has sent in a LOT of questions about her. I don't know what the deal is there. I do think they're kind of encouraging the person's behavior by replying to so many of his or her questions.

5. Hopefully now that HHH is in charge they might be willing to sign him. I'm as disappointed as a lot of people are that they didn't pick him up when they had a chance. Joe vs. Punk? Joe vs. Bryan? Joe vs. Cesaro? Come on, WWE. You can make him the 3rd Uso brother for all I care as long as he still kicks ass.

More wrestling tomorrow and hopefully a Blue Echo podcast will be up later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment