Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Saturday Morning Slam Reax - 3/23/13, Bearer cause of death revealed, WWE release, Interviews with Rock/DiBiase Sr., new WWE trademarks, and Questions on Jim Mitchell, Punk vs. Taker, and expanding coverage

Saturday Morning Slam:
 >booking Khali vs. Primo and Epico.
Gee, that was a barn-burner. I hope Khali fans are happy that he got a win. I'm starting to feel bad for Primo and Epico. I've never really seen them as a top tag team, but they're really getting the shaft lately.

I guess that was ok with Miz and Sandow backstage. It did set up the match.

Still loving Sandow's promos.

Not a bad match at all between Miz and Sandow. I'm not crazy about Sandow tapping, but he got in a good amount of offense beforehand.

It was completely silly, but I'm glad that the backstage segment set up a match for next week. More shows should set things up for the next week before signing off.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Paul Bearer's cause of death has been released. It's a shame that he's gone.

WWE has released referee Jack Doan, who had been with the company since 1991 and was the second-longest tenured referee the company had. No word on the rationale behind his firing yet.

The Rock talked to The Sun about G.I. Joe 2.

Ted DiBiase Sr. was interviewed ahead of a local event. Not terribly exciting stuff, but he does go into the WWE Wellness Policy.

WWE has registered to trademark "1-800-Fella" and "Rockpocalypse". I'm guessing they'll be used for merch/catch phrases and such. I'm not really crazy about either.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Possible? Yes. Likely? I'm not so sure, since they haven't signed him yet. I'd definitely like to see it.

Nothing to add to 2.

3. NO. Punk needs to look strong, even in defeat. This is a big opportunity to make him look legit and they need to take it.

4. I think if Taker didn't show back up, we could very well have gotten Punk in a 3-way.

5. Not from me! I don't think there's enough interest for me to put that much effort into covering markets I'm not even remotely familiar with.

More wrestling tomorrow. A Blue Echo podcast is coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment